yconic - scholarships exclusively for grade 11's
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

scholarships exclusively for grade 11's

A photo of DntInferno DntInferno
Hi I'm an IB year 1 student and I am looking for potential scholarships. All the scholarships that i've found thus far on this website is almost all-inclusive (in regards to region, education level, and age group), and I find it quite intimidating. Are there any scholarships out there that are exclusively for high school students in British Columbia, or more specifically, Grade 11's?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Meridian Meridian
Most scholarships are to help you pay your way thru University or College. With that in mind, you can see why there would not be (m)any for grade 9-11.

Some examples I can think of are the scholarships awarded at the Canada science fair which can be won by grade 9-11. They are usually aimed at future University needs.

I'm sure there may be some essay contests that award $200-500 that don't formally restrict grade level. I would not dismiss the fact that the judges might preclude younger people during the judging if the entry requires listing your academic status. Older students have a year up on you in writing skills as well.

If you are looking to achieve a large scholarship, now is the time to work on it. The big ones like Loran, TD, RBC and each Unni's major awards all require both high marks and multiple years of extensive extra curricular's. You cannot just start that in grade 12 and expect to win.

I would work towards some of those starting now.
Was this helpful? Yes 1