yconic - Scholarships for those wishing to study abroad
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Scholarships for those wishing to study abroad

A photo of kendrabishop kendrabishop
Hey,

I am a Canadian citizen graduate last year returned to high school to take a coop in my field of interest. I'm pursuing a golf scholarship in the United States. Schooling is double or triple what it is here in Canada and I would only be eligible for partial academic partial athletic scholarship. Is there any awards out there that are offered for a student like me because as of now I'm striking out. I have excellent grade point average, extracurricular activities and community service.

Any ideas?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of hopei hopei
Check out the United World Colleges (UWC) website. Basically it was started by the United Nations in the 60s to get youth educated and meeting other like-minded individuals, Canada has a College located in BC called the Pearson College.
How it works is that you apply to the College in your home country (so Pearson College) and then after a series of interviews, you could be attend the Pearson College or another college in a different country. There are about 12 colleges from Swaziland to Italy to New Mexico to Costa Rica. Any graduate of any of the UWC Colleges automatically gets a scholarship to an American University and Harvard is on the list....
Was this helpful? Yes 0