yconic - scholarships for volunteering?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

scholarships for volunteering?

A photo of future future
has anyone know if there are any scholarships for the # of hours we have from volunteering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Not for the hours, no, but usually the organization you're volunteering with will have a scholarship for volunteers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Majjfacee Majjfacee
The more hours the better. As it shows your passion for volunteering, but I believe they more so look at a reference letter from the organization or committee you are volunteering with.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EdwardL EdwardL
is there any scholarships for volunteering if im in grade 10?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Not that I know of off the top of my head, Edward, but if you keep it up, it will help you in grade 12!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of XTC XTC

@EdwardL wrote
is there any scholarships for volunteering if im in grade 10?

Not really - but most scholarship applications in Grade 12 will ask you what you've been doing for the past few years, so what you're doing now definitely applies!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of luigimario luigimario
you can still try applying now. i got a scholarship from george brown college when i was in grade 10 and they held it for me until i went to college 2 years later. good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ha7777 ha7777
Some high schools give scholarships to students who volunteered a certain number of hours. The limitations for this is that you don't know how many you need because a class mate could of volunteered 300+ hours or could be 100+ hours. It is given to the student with the most volunteer hours, but ask your guidance counselor for more information.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ha7777 ha7777
Some high schools give scholarships to students who volunteered a certain number of hours. The limitations for this is that you don't know how many you need because a class mate could of volunteered 300+ hours or could be 100+ hours. It is given to the student with the most volunteer hours, but ask your guidance counselor for more information.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

A photo of angel2239 angel2239
thanks for the info! it really helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0