yconic - scholarships without writing an essay?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

scholarships without writing an essay?

A photo of coreymaida coreymaida
I do not enjoy writing essays and was wondering if anyone knew of any good scholarship opportunities (other than this one) that I could apply for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
36 replies

A photo of steph1 steph1
I know essays are a pain but putting in a lot of hard work is always worth it for money. You have to remember that people are looking for motivated people to give money to, that's why they make you write the essays in the first place.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
lol, i know of a few scholarships that you didn't have to write essays for..
but the deadlines are way over.
just look around for ones that only required about 500 words, that's only.. what.. 3/4 a page of writing?
i'd take that 1 hr out of my life to write 500 words to win $1000.. it's totally worth it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jennycowley jennycowley
You can do the one where you update your profile on studentawards.com, very easy!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I would agree that it's completely worth writing a really good essay, for $1,000. Just think in high school you get a good grade for writing a good essay, but for these contests if you write a good one, then they help you pay for school!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shawnax3 shawnax3
Essays aren't easy for everyone to write, and alot of people like you would rather look for scholarships that don't require one, but that leaves alot of opportunities open in the ones with essays for the ones who can. So in the end its probably worth it to write that essay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
There's still a few around that don't require any essays..
like the studentawards forum one.. that one's pretty easy.
There's also one for Shoppers Drug mart.. if you update your Shoppers Rewards card profile, you can win $1000.. but im not sure if thats just like.. a gift card or actual scholarship money.
There's also the Wikianswer scholarship.. if you answer 50 questions that haven't been answered before.. you can enter for a chance to win $1000.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TL TL
I am not good at writing essay. It is okay for those who are good at it because it's worth it. But not everyone is good at writing and I am one of them. Just because one isn't good at essay writing, that doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to earn a scholarships. Writing may not be everyone's strength. There should be more scholarships that allow students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills through other ways instead of writing essays.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Behnam Behnam
I mean there are some which ask for essay, short story or poem or even non - its all about finding them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Does anyone know of any other sites that offer scholarship info like this one does? I'm not to keen on essay writing either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of SKYeglinton SKYeglinton
there are other scholarships that base you on your marks, community involvement, sports, associations with companies...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

ugh I hate writing essays, even though they're mostly short, they're time consuming and with my major work overload, I just don't have any time to apply for them :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

oh and I found an awesome scholarship where you could win $3000 if you make a prom outfit with duct tape XD I just about died laughing when I saw it

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of j8749 j8749
I must say I was a little taken aback by these comments. One should not turn a person's serious question into an opportunity for mockery. It is completely valid to ask about scholarships that do not require essays. It does not mean you are lazy, if anything, you may be prioritizing your school work, and cannot justify spending time outside of school work as you are trying to focus on maintaining a good average. I personally am in the process of completing graduate applications, and I need to keep my average up, and so I cannot justify time away from my readings and assignments (even though I am crunched for money). I am a teaching assistant and I am completing a field placement. I have good writing skills as well. Although essays do tend to provide the greatest rewards in terms of funding, studentawards.com offers opportunities by participating in forums as well as updating your profile. You can also look for contests that require only small essay entries.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NcashDuv NcashDuv
I agree, there is nothing wrong with looking for alternative ways to receive scholarships. Why must we be rated on our ability write essays alone? There are many other options.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JacobRagetli JacobRagetli
Such as posting in these forums.;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 351351 351351
I agree with the person above :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amcharanek amcharanek
Some universities also offer automatic entrance scholarships, solely based on your marks. Also, the Toyota earthday scholarship is a video submission not requiring an essay, check that one out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of breanneeagnew breanneeagnew

@cyynthiia wrote
There's still a few around that don't require any essays..
like the studentawards forum one.. that one's pretty easy.
There's also one for Shoppers Drug mart.. if you update your Shoppers Rewards card profile, you can win $1000.. but im not sure if thats just like.. a gift card or actual scholarship money.
There's also the Wikianswer scholarship.. if you answer 50 questions that haven't been answered before.. you can enter for a chance to win $1000.

The shoppers is over, and it's just a gift card
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of courtlimb courtlimb
me too! :) haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tantanuy tantanuy
there are a lot of scholarships that ask for essays...some are even only 100-500 word long! essays are one way to look at your creativity, etc. judges get to know a bit more about you through essays!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BFal BFal
There are a bunch of scholarships in which you don't need to write an essay. You just need to take the time to find them, however if you are spending more time attempting to find one of these scholarships, you could have used just as much if not less time writing a short 200 word essay about yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0