yconic - School for Criminal Justice
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

School for Criminal Justice

A photo of samus1554 samus1554
(Guessing that Criminal Justice is more of a Social Science)

I'm having a hard time deciding what school to go to next year to obtain a BA/BAA of Criminal Justice. I'm sitting on the fence between Humber College and Ryerson University.
Help please? (In terms of which school is better)I'm trying to pursue a career in policing. Thank you.

Off topic: Also is there a difference between a Bachelor of Applied Arts and a Bachelor of Arts?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of pages pages
I am currently enrolled in the BA program at Georgian College for Police Studies. I believe it is similar to the Humber program but with the GC program we have full access to OPP HQ which is a huge benefit!:cheers:
According to our program co-ordinator they have dropped the word "applied" from the BA studies at Georgian. I don't know if that the case at Humber etc.....However if your tossed between Humber and ryerson only then I would go with Humber
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brogan33 brogan33
My sister is at Ryerson and absolutely ADORES it,
if you like city life then it's a good choice considering its like two blocks away fom Yonge Street...

Go with your gut instinct but think about environments, extra curriculars etc,

Ryerson has awesome school spirit and has new buildings being re-vamped
Was this helpful? Yes 0