yconic - Schools in England?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schools in England?

A photo of Haala93 Haala93
I don't think I've seen a discussion covering this topic and am looking into it. Anyone else looking into it or interested in this? I'm looking into Medical schools in London and found quite a few like: Imperial College, Albion College, Queen Mary University of London and University College of London.

Any opinions or info about those school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Comradeponov Comradeponov
The economic situation in Britain at this time is such that even middle-income British students can't afford to get an education, so the prospects of attending a medical school in Britain is out of the question unless you got some serious money to back it up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of KayS94 KayS94
I was planning on applying to medical schools in the UK; I decided not to just last night.
The application deadline for medicine and dentistry is October 15th, I believe. Also, you have to write the UKCAT (UK Clinical Aptitude Test) for most schools there.
I've heard UCL is really good for international students, I'm not sure about the rest.
And as the person who replied before me mentioned, it is fairly expensive, especially if you're an international student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChristaJones ChristaJones
Nowadays getting into medical school is very difficult. But those students who want to pursue a career in health care can enter into many other fields. Most opted amongst this is health technician courses. Such courses help them to build a base which can be used as a back-up for higher study. One of my friend did an ultrasound technician course from an accredited college online. He got scholarship from the college and completed his studies comfortably. http://ultrasoundtechschool.org/ultrasound-tech-college-grants/ Now my friend is working in a private clinic, and side by side preparing to enter into medical school as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius
My friend went to University of Brighton in England for a year after finishing at Western (Health Science)but found it too expensive after a year there and now in a Caribbean medical school.

I also have 2 cousins there. One in Newcastle in 3rd year and another finished in Birmingham University but now working as asst lecturer.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK

@Comradeponov wrote
The economic situation in Britain at this time is such that even middle-income British students can't afford to get an education, so the prospects of attending a medical school in Britain is out of the question unless you got some serious money to back it up.

Yes it's true, we're all living in skips and are currently developing a new fiscal system using fingernails of lynched bankers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK

@Haala93 wrote
I don't think I've seen a discussion covering this topic and am looking into it. Anyone else looking into it or interested in this? I'm looking into Medical schools in London and found quite a few like: Imperial College, Albion College, Queen Mary University of London and University College of London.

Any opinions or info about those school?

If you got into UCL or Imperial then it would be worth it, both are excellent med schools. Queen Mary is not even in the same league, and I've never even heard of Albion. I suggest looking outside London too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haala93 Haala93
Unfortunately I've already missed the deadline which is ok but I'm now seriously looking into King"s college which I've heard is the best. Also, outside of London is not a good idea because I've got family in London and hopefully I won't have to worry about going as a international student because I'm in the process of getting a dual citizenship. However I would like some advice on moving out there and if that's a good idea and etc. Also is King's college as good as people say? Also does anyone have any experience with these particular schools and can offer any advice? :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0