yconic - Schulich / Queen's / Rotman
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich / Queen's / Rotman

A photo of Judgetown89 Judgetown89
Deciding on a business program for next year is pretty difficult. So far I've been accepted to Schulich (BBA) and Queen's (Commerce) and I am still waiting to hear from Rotman but I am confident I'll get accepted there as well. At different times this year I've had my mind set on each program, but now I'm completely lost and have no idea as to where I want to go. IMO, Queen's is probably slightly better than the other two but I live in Toronto and going to York or U of T would be a lot easier. Could anyone shed some light that could give me a better perception of each program? At this point anything to make my decision easier would be greatly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
What field do you want to go into? Is money a concern? Would you live in res if you went to York/U of T? Personally, I'd choose Queen's, but that's just a personal preference (I applied to none of those schools anyways)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Either finance/economics or accounting. I also plan on going to law school if all goes well. Money isn't really a concern for me. I definitely wouldn't live on res at York and probably not at U of T.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SkylarNoeL SkylarNoeL
You should do some digging in this forum. The comparison between these universities has been explored many times over.

Here's the quick rundown.

Schulich and Queen's occupy very similar levels of business program strength. Opportunities are very good, lots of recruiting/network opportunities, etc. Choose one of those two.

Rotman is terrible because it is a beacon for immigrants and foreigners who have considerably weaker communication and soft skills, and as a result has tremendous attrition rates (said to be around 50% program size reduction in the first year) and thus overall a lesser reputation.

You should do some work and look up the differences between Schulich and Queen's. This forum is flooding with information about them.

I should say that you really can't go wrong choosing either Schulich or Queen's. There'll be subtle differences between the two such as location, student life, etc., but the overall quality of education that you get from both institutions will be very good.

Congratulations and good luck! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
If money isn't a concern, I'd say Queen's. I heard Schulich has better opportunities for accounting, while not being as good as Queen's for finance opportunities. You can't go wrong with either one. :) Also, I think you should live on res in first year, it's supposed to be a great experience so :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I used to be big on Rotman because it's at U of T and all. I see your point about Rotman though. I got that sense at the Open House back in March. I've done my research to narrow it done to those three but now the decision is tough as ever. And as for res, It doesn't appeal to me that much to be honest. Going away sounds nice, but i wouldn't mind living at home while going to York or U of T. Thanks a lot guys for all your help ! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0