yconic - schulich acceptance question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

schulich acceptance question

A photo of sunny1011 sunny1011
hey i was wondering if it would be possible to get into schulich bba with an 89.7 top 6 avg with a fairly good supplementary or would it be better to just get a 90 average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Possible but improbable. The cutoff each year is dependent on the pool of applicants for that year, so it's possible that for your year, the cutoff will be at 90 or lower. However, it's been steadily rising, so you should aim to have your average as high as you can (ie. above 91, which was this year's cutoff).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

okay thanks but havent you noticed that the graduating class this year doesnt seem to be as smart as the class from last year?
i was thinking that the cutoff would actually drop this year because of this
anyone else think the same?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

havent you noticed that the graduating class this year doesnt seem to be as smart as the class from last year?

lmao..who told you this?
At my school ,this years graduating class is way smarter than last year lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol well ive noticed it in my school and some of my other friends at other schools have too...could be just in my area then
man i hope the cutoff isnt that high this year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
I don't think you should generalize based on your school and a few other schools :p
Something else to potentially consider: Schulich was very recently ranked highly in many global rankings -> increased demand for an education at Schulich -> increased number of applicants -> higher cutoff.

Anyways, this shouldn't matter to you. Strive to do as best as you can, and apply anyways. Even if you only have a small chance of getting in, it's worth it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

okay thanks also if i have 6 gr 12 courses done by the end of first semester then does schulich take the average of those marks when it looks at my application? or is it just top 4 for early offers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
For the first round, they look at all the grade 12 marks you have by the end of first semester (so all six in your case). If you don't get in then, they'll reconsider you after second semester midterm marks come out, based on the top 6 average calculated from all those marks together. (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0