yconic - Schulich admission avg
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich admission avg

A photo of loohopefull94 loohopefull94
Hi I was just wondering what the chances are of me getting into schulich with an 88 avg and also can you switch from admin studies to schulich in second year, any help would be appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of jelly jelly
Very low I'd think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@jelly wrote
Very low I'd think.

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of loohopefull94 loohopefull94
Even with an extensive extra circular record?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
unfortunately yes

but i would apply anyways because you never know...and your mark might go up by end of first semester, or you might do well in second semester midterms that could pull your mark up
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Yeah,very low chances with a 88 average. Get it to 90+ with stellar EC's, or even better, 92+. There have been people admitted who had averages below the cutoff, but they had exceptional EC's.
And yes, you can choose the delayed entry option into the Schulich BBA program in second year. Here are the details: http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/ssb-extra/bba.nsf/3e72a377a5c7a6d585256aaa006a154d/28f5fe24c0c45ddd85256ace004fc3a3!OpenDocument

Like Jack555 said, apply anyways. Nothing to lose. Best of luck!(:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Victorinox Victorinox
Hi!

About a week ago, the business council at my school organized an event where the grade 12s who got into Schulich last year came and talked to all the prospective students about the Schulich application process. When a student asked for the competitive admission average, they said that they were "told" to tell us that it was high 80s, however, realistically you should have low 90s. They couldn't disclose the real average for some reason, because apparently it was "confidential information". From browsing these forums last year, it seems to come up a lot that the hard cutoff for Schulich last year was 91%. However, take that number with a grain of salt. The general feeling I got from the Schulich reps at my school was that although the admission average is quite high, it really wasn't that hard to gain admission. According to them, there were just over 10 people from my school who choose to attend Schulich last year. Who knows how many actually got in but choose Queens or Ivey instead. Hope that helped! Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn

@Victorinox wrote
Hi!

When a student asked for the competitive admission average, they said that they were "told" to tell us that it was high 80s, however, realistically you should have low 90s. They couldn't disclose the real average for some reason, because apparently it was "confidential information". From browsing these forums last year, it seems to come up a lot that the hard cutoff for Schulich last year was 91%. However, take that number with a grain of salt.

Yes, the administration told us to say that the admission cutoff will be in the high 80s or low 90s. For this year's class, the cutoff was 91. It's not confidential, but they don't want us spreading that because the cutoff does change every year. It really depends on the averages of the pool of applications, so it's technically possible for the cutoff to be in the high 80s. However, it's been rising every year...so to be on the safe side, keep your average up as high as you can.
Was this helpful? Yes 0