yconic - Schulich & Ivey Supplementary Coming Up!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich & Ivey Supplementary Coming Up!

A photo of lmao lmao
Damn, didn't start any of the essay components for both applications.

First question, you know for the references for your Schulich supplemental application?

I wanted my Principal to write me one, and I know he will but my teacher said that a Principal's reference letter isn't that credible because he doesn't supervise you at anything... it's better to have someone that actually supervises you.

What do you guys think? Should I go with my principal for the reference letter? Or should I go with a teacher that supervised me?

Second question, for those of you that are applying for the AEO at Ivey.. how far are you guys on your application? I'm way behind and I'm in panic... I think I'm going to stay up tonight and work on it.. procrastination habits suck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of lmao lmao
Bump.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noble11 noble11

@lmao wrote
Damn, didn't start any of the essay components for both applications.

First question, you know for the references for your Schulich supplemental application?

I wanted my Principal to write me one, and I know he will but my teacher said that a Principal's reference letter isn't that credible because he doesn't supervise you at anything... it's better to have someone that actually supervises you.

What do you guys think? Should I go with my principal for the reference letter? Or should I go with a teacher that supervised me?

Second question, for those of you that are applying for the AEO at Ivey.. how far are you guys on your application? I'm way behind and I'm in panic... I think I'm going to stay up tonight and work on it.. procrastination habits suck.

Ok, for schulich for the reference letters it is better to get someone who supervises you for the specific activity. They would know u better, have more to write about and would know more about ur involvement and hours. So yes, get a supervisor instead of a high ranking school official. Eg. if ur in band, get the director

Secondly, about Ivey AEO im basically done, jus need to tie up a few strings. Just make sure to get it done before the deadline. I kno a few ppl who havent started so ur not alone. I wish u luck. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Just to clarify, the only thing you need for the Ivey AEO application are the two questions, right? I'm confused (and nervous) because I hear so much talk about reference letters and the like...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
Reference letters are required by Schulich. Ivey requires contact information for any extracurricular activity.
Was this helpful? Yes 0