yconic - Schulich Average to Maintain
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich Average to Maintain

A photo of goldstorm goldstorm
I got my admission letter from York today but it says:
"This offer of admission may be rescinded if you do not maintain your admission average in your top 6"

Does this mean I have to maintain my current average in order to keep my acceptance :|?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
Sounds like it. Can you call the school? I will stop by the office tomorrow and check too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

isn't the office closed now :/?
and thanks if you could :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@goldstorm wrote
isn't the office closed now :/?
and thanks if you could :)

Yup, it's closed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My friend who knows people who just got accepted and called up schulich to ask about this, say that its an 85. but schulich recommends that people stay close to their admission average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
Lol this reminds me of mcgill's admission letter. It didn't give an average, it just said your average has to stay the same :P

I would bet that you should stay within a 5% range of your admission average, as the 85% would be a 90% student who got admitted; so it makes sense.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
I spoke to one of the admins and she said that they expect those with conditional offers to maintain the average they had when they got admitted. However, if average slips, the offer won't necessarily get revoked. As long as it remains in high eighties, you are still competitive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I called them up today and they said I should maintain my average but as long as Im above an 85 i should be fine. But then someone else I know called them and they said it's ok to drop 1-2 percent as long as it's not a five percent drop. so now I'm just confused :/

I was admitted with a 92. If i maintain 90+ by the end then i should still have my acceptance for sure right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@goldstorm wrote
I called them up today and they said I should maintain my average but as long as Im above an 85 i should be fine. But then someone else I know called them and they said it's ok to drop 1-2 percent as long as it's not a five percent drop. so now I'm just confused :/

I was admitted with a 92. If i maintain 90+ by the end then i should still have my acceptance for sure right?

85% is the absolute lowest you have to maintain. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Pawnee Pawnee

@MINTOK wrote
I spoke to one of the admins and she said that they expect those with conditional offers to maintain the average they had when they got admitted. However, if average slips, the offer won't necessarily get revoked. As long as it remains in high eighties, you are still competitive.

They probably say that because they want to have a high admission average, and don't want to encourage slacking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MINTOK wrote

@goldstorm wrote

85% is the absolute lowest you have to maintain. :)

ok thanks MINTOK :D

I got scared when u said high 80 is ONLY considered Competitive to keep the acceptance :/
Either way i want the 90+ scholarship :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0