yconic - Schulich BBA - Still Waiting
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center



Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich BBA - Still Waiting

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I got 3 alternate offers last week, but it still says "No Decision Yet" for the BBA program.

I have a 90 top six average along with solid extracurriculars and reference letters. Others tell me I should've gotten in a while ago, but the MyFile tells me otherwise. I've been an insomniac for the past month mainly because of this.

Anyone else in a similar scenario?

I've tried calling admissions; they didn't really give me an answer.

Also for those who are planning to reject the offer, are you rejecting it on the last day? =T I feel like all the offers are sent out and the leftovers (i.e. me) are dependent on the people rejecting. :X
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies
 
A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Okay, I hate to be harsh. But you probably aren't going to get in.

Schools take into account the chance of people turning down offers when they are giving out offers. For example, they know someone who ranks the program first will accept 80% of the time, 2nd is 60% of the time etc etc (completely made up). So if they say want 100 people in the program they take into account those percentages. Sometimes they end up with less people, sometimes with more, but generally they are right around their target mark.

They simply don't give out 100 offers, and when someone rejects give out another offer etc etc.

Also: I haven't been keeping up with acceptance grades this year for Schulich, but I believe last year a 90 may of been too low.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
York U sends out offers on an ongoing basis, unlike some other schools that send out all of their offers(or most) at once.
Since your average is borderline, you will be one of the last people to get their offers, assuming that they accept you.
Also I don't think it depends on others rejecting their offers.. because most people don't actually reject any offers..I think.
I got an acceptance in April but I'm 100% not going so I'll reject my offer if that makes you feel any better :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

 
A photo of Ny Ny

@bettyklchan wrote
I got 3 alternate offers last week, but it still says "No Decision Yet" for the BBA program.

I have a 90 top six average along with solid extracurriculars and reference letters. Others tell me I should've gotten in a while ago, but the MyFile tells me otherwise. I've been an insomniac for the past month mainly because of this.

Anyone else in a similar scenario?

I've tried calling admissions; they didn't really give me an answer.

Also for those who are planning to reject the offer, are you rejecting it on the last day? =T I feel like all the offers are sent out and the leftovers (i.e. me) are dependent on the people rejecting. :X



Same here ^^ But I decided to go to WLU/UW for DD instead :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0