yconic - Schulich Business School!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich Business School!

A photo of mbstudent mbstudent
Hey guys ive applied for iBBA in Schulich and as i was reading some of the forums about Schulich, it seems like majority of you guys hate(rather dont like) the school and its programs. i would like to know why you guys discredit it so much and wut makes them a bad school compare to Queens, Ivey, Rotman and any other good business school. Like I want specifics explanation of disadvantage of going to Schulich and taking iBBA or even BBA
Was this helpful? Yes 0
23 replies

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
I don't hate Schulich - in fact I'm actually trying to like it - but here are a couple of reasons:

Bad school, bad location, commuter school, lack of school spirit, very high asian population, poor recruitment in finance, etc... Probably the thing that strikes me most is that I've heard firsthand several Schulich students regretting their decision, some even transferring out, while I've never really heard of a Queen's/Ivey student do the same.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
I think one of the disadvantages of the iBBA is because of your "international courses" you won't have the space to do your CA required courses if you wish to pursue one of course. Not really a disadvantage if you don't wish to pursue a CA though..

Personally I don't have too many problems with Schulich. It's one of the best business schools in Canada in my opinion, and the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and the Economist agrees. I don't think it's finance has the best recruitment support.. and that's what everyone on this forum picks at. Oh yeah.. it's a commuter school as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Schulich is a great school depending on what you want out of your business degree
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
exactly what this forum needs - another thread about schulich

"bad location, commuter school, too many asians" ----this does not make it a bad business school..in fact none of these things are realistically in the school's power to control

anyways dont go to schulich for finance
someone i know who goes there said something like over half the bba students there are going to major for accounting

some people just cannot get it into their heads that not everyone wants to become an investment banker. they think a school is good if it can help become one, if not, its a bad school

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote
I don't hate Schulich - in fact I'm actually trying to like it - but here are a couple of reasons:

Bad school, bad location, commuter school, lack of school spirit, very high asian population, poor recruitment in finance, etc... Probably the thing that strikes me most is that I've heard firsthand several Schulich students regretting their decision, some even transferring out, while I've never really heard of a Queen's/Ivey student do the same.

hmmmm since im asian, i like the fact that there is loads of asians lol haha
btw did you get to know why students are regretting or even drop out? and why are you trying to like it ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
exactly what this forum needs - another thread about schulich

"bad location, commuter school, too many asians" ----this does not make it a bad business school..in fact none of these things are realistically in the school's power to control

someone i know who goes there said something like over half the bba students there are going to major for accounting

some people just cannot get it into their heads that not everyone wants to become an investment banker

well yea id like to do marketing or management rather than finance
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
Asians are taking over the world. Hope you are happy!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lmao wrote
I think one of the disadvantages of the iBBA is because of your "international courses" you won't have the space to do your CA required courses if you wish to pursue one of course. Not really a disadvantage if you don't wish to pursue a CA though..

Personally I don't have too many problems with Schulich. It's one of the best business schools in Canada in my opinion, and the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and the Economist agrees. I don't think it's finance has the best recruitment support.. and that's what everyone on this forum picks at. Oh yeah.. it's a commuter school as well.

then what is schulich known for? like which area?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lmao wrote

dude i was kidding... dont take it too personally or offensively
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote

No, but it makes it a bad school.

@Jack555 wrote

some people just cannot get it into their heads that not everyone wants to become an investment banker

Since when does finance = investment banking? Have you actually talked to current Schulich students or just listened to the Schulich propaganda? A current second year told me that accounting and marketing jobs are plentiful, but all forms of finance and consulting, etc... are almost non-existent.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao

@mbstudent wrote

@lmao wrote

dude i was kidding... dont take it too personally or offensively

LOL I was kidding ahaha, I love Asians.

and CA = Chartered Accountant
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mbstudent wrote
btw did you get to know why students are regretting or even drop out? and why are you trying to like it ?

Careful what you wish for...it's not the friendly asians you're used to.

And because it's one of my top choices, and since I doubt I'll get into Queen's I'm trying to figure out a second choice, but it hasn't been easy thus far.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

dear iansharer,

in my post, i said:

"anyways dont go to schulich for finance"

to which you replied:

A current second year told me that accounting and marketing jobs are plentiful, but all forms of finance and consulting, etc... are almost non-existent

I am not sure what else to say. Maybe if i copy and paste it more you can understand

dont go to schulich for finance
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
At this point everyone doubts they well get into Queen's, you're not alone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

oh wait, i also said

"someone i know who goes there said something like over half the bba students there are going to major for accounting"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Dear Jack555,

I was replying to your post about everyone not wanting to go into investment banking and then reiterated my previous argument.

Also, cool story bro.

IanSharer
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote

@mbstudent wrote

Careful what you wish for...it's not the friendly asians you're used to.

And because it's one of my top choices, and since I doubt I'll get into Queen's I'm trying to figure out a second choice, but it hasn't been easy thus far.

well but it depends on types of guys that you hang out it, doesnt it? lol

btw when did u get accepted? and are u in ontario?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
dear iansharer,

in my post, i said:

"anyways dont go to schulich for finance"

to which you replied:

Have you actually talked to current Schulich students or just listened to the Schulich propaganda? A current second year told me that accounting and marketing jobs are plentiful, but all forms of finance and consulting, etc... are almost non-existent

I am not sure what else to say. Maybe if i copy and paste it more you can understand

ok if finance sucks, which field should i consider?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ian,

No
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mbstudent wrote
well but it depends on types of guys that you hang out it, doesnt it? lol

btw when did u get accepted? and are u in ontario?

Unless you're used to hanging around a bunch of competitive asians that go home immediately after class to study all day, I'm pretty sure it'll be a change. Not to say all students are like this; I've met some pretty cool students.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote

Unless you're used to hanging around a bunch of competitive asians that go home immediately after class to study all day, I'm pretty sure it'll be a change. Not to say all students are like this; I've met some pretty cool students.

oh ok so u meant not friendly as in not sociable(?) i guess. well you know there are always different types of people in different areas lol well yea im waiting for admission and if i get in, i think schulich will be my first choice
Was this helpful? Yes 0

oh by the way wuts schulich's international reputation like?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh sorry. I'm from Ontario and got in the first round (Marth 8th I believe?).

And yeah, maybe I'm just being biased but from visiting all three schools, it just seems like Ivey/Queen's students seem more...prepared. The few Schulich students who were answering questions just seemed like the same grade 12's I'm with and are simply regurgitating the information fed to them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0