yconic - Schulich Class of 2022 - Acceptance & Applications Forum
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich Class of 2022 - Acceptance & Applications Forum

Hello everyone! To those of you applying to Schulich's BBA/iBBA for the Class of 2022, let's build this forum by posting our: 
 Program:
 Projected Average: 
 Extracurriculars: 
 Interview 
 And if you got accepted!

Good luck to you all! P.S if you have any questions feel free to ask as it will be answered.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
46 replies

Program: BBA
Projected Average: 94
Extracurriculars (top 3): 
1) Youth coordinator at a charity program for special needs children powered by International Association of Human Values in Dubai.
2) Entrepreneurship: Co-founded 2 start-ups and I am the Minister of Finance at Junior Achievers company program.
3) 2 un-paid internships at Dubai (one in Johnson & Johnson)
Didn't do the interview yet. It's too early for that :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Are there any white people at schulich?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes lots! Its pretty diverse though, different cultures mixed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Projected Average (includes this semesters final and next semesters midterm): 92-93%
Extracurriculars (not including all): 
- CO-OP placement this past summer with Big Brothers Big Sisters. I worked with young children who lived in disadvantaged areas coordinating and running a camp. (This was a very humbling and eye-opening experience for me)
- Executive member with my father at my local temple with over 250 hours and organizing different events throughout the years. 
- Volleyball and Basketball team member at my school all throughout high school. 
- Founder and president of investment and stock market club for 2 years.
- Founder and president of intramural sports food drive (students who want to participate bring in canned goods) for 2 years. 
- Also a business SHSM student!

What are your guys' thoughts on my extracurricular? I'm scared they aren't good enough and I feel like the best one is the first one I mentioned since it was really humbling. 
Do you guys think I have a shot at Shulich, or Western/Queens? 
One last thing guys, I have calculus and vectors this semester and its seriously bringing me down. Midterm mark was a 64% and we just started vectors. I'm realistically aiming for a 75% at least. I can retake this course next semester during night school and get a 90+ but, If there's a chance I don't make the prereq., will Shulich and other universities look at that mark and penalize me since it's a part of my first semester final? Or would they just look at my upgraded night school mark next semester if I plan on taking it?

Thanks everyone in advance, and I wish you all luck in your post secondary journey! 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

dw bud, schulich doesnt really put a guge emphasis on ec's, thats more queens /ivey. I know plently of people who got in and had ZERO extracurriculars except like member of chess club. u r fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My sister goes to Schulich right now and she is in second year. She said that you may not be accepted in the first round, but they will definitely consider you in the other rounds of acceptances once they get to see your night school mark. Try not to stress about it though, I'm sure it won't matter if you retake it. I think it would be better to retake it so that it will not bring down your average. Orrrrrr, have you considered taking data in night school instead. That way, you get more math knowledge and most Universities only need to see 2 maths. (I know Schulich only needs advanced functions and one of the others.) Advanced functions and data can be those two maths and calculus does not need to be in your top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the reply, makes me feel a bit better for Schulich. For queens/Ivey, do you they I stand a chance?
Also, in regards to calculus, should I retake it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Umm, you could. For IVEY it's ANY one math for pre req's so you don't need to put calc in your top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Projected Average: 91
Extracurriculars: 
- Competitive Soccer and High School Soccer all four years
- Deca (Grade 11 & 12)
- Social Justice Club
- Stem Olympics (Helped organize event in school)
- Science Olympics Club
- Co-founded a filmmaking company (Record videos for individuals)

Please Help: I'm very concerned about my extra-curricular cause I have no actual leadership title. I have for sure shown leadership in many of these clubs and teams but I was never an executive or captain for any. Could someone please let me know the chances of getting in to the BBA program based on my average and EC's, thank you. Also, any comments on what I can do before applying to help increase my chances is appreciated!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

DW Schulich barely even looks at Supplementaries
Was this helpful? Yes 0

the supp app and your marks are weighed 50/50, wdym they barely look at it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Projected Average: 97%
Extracurriculars: 
- Youth Basketball League Executive
- Founder of an eCommerce Business
- McDonald's Team Leader
- Captain of our high school Basketball and Volleyball team
What are my chances? How are you guys preparing for the interview and the timed writing portion of the application?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lol why don't you just go to Queens or Rotman if you have marks like that
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Not the OP, but to be honest, although his/her grades are stellar, the extracurriculars are only decent for queens.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Someone else- Any extracurricular can be made to look good if you know how to present it. More than the activity itself, admissions looks to see the traits that you demonstrated in those activities. If you can sell yourself effectively, then you have a great shot. Also, a 97% average is a guaranteed acceptance into Schulich unless you really mess up your supplementary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Projected Average: 95~96% 
 Extracurriculars:
1. World Vision Club President
2. Co-op Placement at Mount Sinai Hospital
3. Leader for First Nation Summer Camp
4. Peer tutor/private tutor (math, science and piano)
5. Wind Ensemble
*SHSM Health and Wellness (First aid, AED, Infection Control, Eating Assistance, safeTALK, ICE challenge, conflict resolution certificates)

Question: What is my chance to get in? I am worried because I don't have any business related EC, as you can see they are all medical related cuz I decided to go to business last minute. Also My grade 11 average is 91 which is not quite high. Will this affect my application?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey everyone! 

My Projected Average ranges between 92-93%. 

My ECs (Top 5): 
- DECA President (Gr. 11) and Chapter Mentor (Gr. 12) 
- Student Council Vice President (Gr. 12) 
- MiWay Student Ambassador (Gr. 11) 
- Started a socially responsible business that was featured in SAGE Canada [Gr. 11]
- I run a YouTube channel revolving around consumers electronic reviews/tutorials (1M views and about 3K subscribers) 

How do these look? 

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Projected Average:92 to 95
ECS:
1. Senior memberof sound club, member of robotics, member of investor's club, member of auto club
2. Senior Assistant at a startup tech company
3. 6 months of work experience at Sears as a sales associate
4. Worked at my aunt's grocery store for 2 years prior to Sears
5. Volunteer at a nursing home where I did 40 hours
6. Volunteering at saturday school
7. Part of a rep basketball team for two years
8. Swimming for over 10 years, got all the way to bronze cross (looking to become lifeguard in the summer)
9. Have over 400 community hours
10. French certificate, also certificate for completing A1 to B2 from Alliance Francaise
11. Also, going to volunteer at a charity event soon
12. Did Karate for close to 10  years
Do you think I have a chance on making it into one of the top business schools like ivey, schulich, queen's commerce, rotman etc,.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ya doesn't look like it, but you never know....you might get in!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey, I was wondering what  I should do to improve my chances of getting in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Don't listen to the poster above. You have a solid chance at getting into the schools you listed if you can successfully expand on your EC's and standing out. Focus on key leadership points and areas that you demonstrated the skills that the specific programs are looking for. Key attributes that they're looking for in applicants will be listed on their websites so take a look.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Am I the only one who's EC only includes playing video games all day long? LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Troll.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This is not a troll.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Alright will do. Thanks for your advice! I appreciate it 

Was this helpful? Yes 0

anyone having any idea of opinion based writing questions in supplementary application if some one has already written or knows otherwise 

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Can I get into Schulich with an average of ~ 91?? I have imo pretty decent extracurriculars and it's my first choice!!! I feel like everyone else applying has a 95 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Dw, they have more than one rounds of acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Does a 93-94 average have a high chance of getting into schulich? With around decent extracurricular?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes
Was this helpful? Yes 0

anyone having any idea of opinion based writing questions in supplementary application if some one has already written or knows otherwise
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Program BBA
Average: 96-97
ECs:
1) Sr. Communications Director in Accounting/finance club
2) Table Tennis Club organizer
3) Youth Entrepreneurship Program
4) General Member of DECA

How are my extracurriculars looking? Do they stand a chance for queens?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes. With a 96-97 average, you don't need to have your ego stroked. However, if you are legitimately concerned, then I'll tell you that Schulich mostly cares about grades even though they say they look at the supplementary and grades equally. If you don't mess up the supplementary then you're guaranteed a spot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was legitimately concerned about queens, not schuich as much, but would you know if I stand a chance for queens, even though I'm not a chancellors nominee.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Your EC's are of the typical applicant to queens commerce. Better write some damn good essays if you want a chance for admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah go to Queens or Rotman, they’re top tier and what you should really be focusing on
Was this helpful? Yes 1

IBBA is much better tbh
Was this helpful? Yes 1

My projected average this semester should be about 93-94, however, i repeated a course, do you think Schulich will penalize me for that? I've asked their admissions and they have said no, but does anyone know anyone who has gotten accepted with a repeated mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Queens comm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I know someone in second year right now and he repeated an english course in private school, so you're good
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Has anyone done the video interview yet?? How did it go?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

BBA
Average around 91-92%
EC’s:
1. Co-founder/President of a tutoring club at my school
1. Plasp teacher assistance/volunteer 
2.Library Volunteer
3. Delegate at Model United Nations
4. Volunteered for an organization: consist of event planning, tutoring, organizing etc

Around 300 hours 

Haven’t done interview yet!! 

Idk how I feel about my grades and ec’s Do you think with a decent interview I will have the opportunity to get into schulich or Rotman   
Was this helpful? Yes 0