yconic - Schulich leaders references
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich leaders references

A photo of Hdefinition Hdefinition
I used 2 math and science teachers as my references for the schulich scholarship. Do you think this will hurt my chances of getting it because I am starting to realize that this is only showing one side of me. But then again it is a scholarship for those interested in math/science fields.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of alexchan1015 alexchan1015
Hey, it should be fine don't worry about it. I used one volunteer reference and one science reference. Just out of curiosity, how long were your references letters?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hdefinition Hdefinition
Unfortunately, I wasn't the nominee despite having the highest average in the whole school (98) and having solid technical EC's. My references were well respected but the letters werent too long and i thought that may have been a disadvantage. One was about 2 paragraphs while the other was a total of 6 lines (lol). Someone bested me by having more leadership involvement in the community even though I was the best science, math and technology student. I was under the impression that a candidate with those skills would be more favorable because this is after all a scholarship for students interested in those fields.
Having no real leadership positions will probably prevent me from getting any scholarships :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0