yconic - Schulich Spring Gala 2012
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich Spring Gala 2012

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
Hello future class of 2016!

You are cardinally invited to attend Schulich Spring Gala on March 31st! On this day, whole York university is having an open house. However, there is going to be a special event hosted in the Schulich building just for our applicants! You can tour the building and check out the place which will become your second home over the next four years. At the same time this is a great opportunity to meet current students, faculty, administration and even some of your future fellow classmates. You can get a lot of questions answered and learn what steps you should take should you receive an acceptance offer to make sure your university journey starts off well. To register for the event, follow this link. Thank you for considering our school as the stepping stone towards your successful career! We are excited to meet you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
That is the exact date of the AFMAA for waterloo....

Will there be other schulich galas? :(:(:(:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
That sucks! I didn't know that. The event is from 10 am and until 2 pm (but I think it will go on an hour later). Is there no way to make it? You don't have to stay the whole time.

There is also going to be a dean's reception in May. That's a Schulich-only event and it is going to be hosted for people who are already admitted in the program. In the summer there is going to be the summer symposium and then frosh (Schulich students only).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4

@MINTOK wrote
That sucks! I didn't know that. The event is from 10 am and until 2 pm (but I think it will go on an hour later). Is there no way to make it? You don't have to stay the whole time.

There is also going to be a dean's reception in May. That's a Schulich-only event and it is going to be hosted for people who are already admitted in the program. In the summer there is going to be the summer symposium and then frosh (Schulich students only).

I knoww :( and i doubt it -because the exam will probs be in the afternoon, and then there will be an info session and stuff.. -plus 2 hours to get from waterloo to toronto (i think) -so I doubt we can do both.

as for may- I originally thought -Awesome! then I remembered- People have IB exams in may -___________-' so I hope it's not on any of the exam days :P

do you think the spring gala could be moved one day over... ? (i feel really stupid asking; i know it's super planned and stuff)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@Windsongs4 wrote

@MINTOK wrote

I knoww :( and i doubt it -because the exam will probs be in the afternoon, and then there will be an info session and stuff.. -plus 2 hours to get from waterloo to toronto (i think) -so I doubt we can do both.

as for may- I originally thought -Awesome! then I remembered- People have IB exams in may -___________-' so I hope it's not on any of the exam days :P

do you think the spring gala could be moved one day over... ? (i feel really stupid asking; i know it's super planned and stuff)

The exam is from 1:30-3:30, and the academic fair and other events (officially) begin at 11:00.

Depending on traffic, it'd roughly two hours from Waterloo to Toronto. I'm not sure how bad traffic would be or where about Schulich is, but if you drive fast you might be able to do it in an hour and a half.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Windsongs4 wrote

@MINTOK wrote

Hahaha I wish, but not really. It does require a lot of co-ordination and planning. Many faculty and students are making the commitment to volunteer on that day and they had plan ahead. However, check your inbox. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of erudite erudite
What if we already went to the open house in November? Should we still go? I'd rather wait after I get an acceptance though :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@erudite wrote
What if we already went to the open house in November? Should we still go? I'd rather wait after I get an acceptance though :/

You can go if you would like. There are no obligations. Dean's reception is a little better because most of the attendees are going to be your future classmates. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0