yconic - Schulich Supplementary - Activity Report: HELP!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich Supplementary - Activity Report: HELP!

A photo of Goodbye Goodbye
Hi guys,

I will be applying for Schulich, and on the activity report section, it asks you to list your activities from the last 2 calendar years (2009, 2010).

However, how will I be able to put down something that I've been doing from September 2008 to June 2009?

For example, should I say:
Tutor: Sept 2008 - June 2009...or should it be Tutor: Jan 2009 - June 2009? Or just "2009" with nothing else?

I feel like if I put it from Sept 2008, I won't be following the instructions properly, but if I put down Jan 2009 - June 2009, it'll be like neglecting the previous four months of participation.

And if I get a reference letter to substantiate my activity as a tutor, the staff advisor will have to write that I did it from January 2009 - June 2009, right? So that it follows York's "calendar year" instructions?

Thanks in advance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of noble11 noble11

@Goodbye wrote
Hi guys,

I will be applying for Schulich, and on the activity report section, it asks you to list your activities from the last 2 calendar years (2009, 2010).

However, how will I be able to put down something that I've been doing from September 2008 to June 2009?

For example, should I say:
Tutor: Sept 2008 - June 2009...or should it be Tutor: Jan 2009 - June 2009? Or just "2009" with nothing else?

I feel like if I put it from Sept 2008, I won't be following the instructions properly, but if I put down Jan 2009 - June 2009, it'll be like neglecting the previous four months of participation.

And if I get a reference letter to substantiate my activity as a tutor, the staff advisor will have to write that I did it from January 2009 - June 2009, right? So that it follows York's "calendar year" instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I had the same question with you. In the end, I decided the most appropiate was to follow their instructions, so everything within the last two calendar years. Thus, in ur case it would be Jan 09-Jun 09, they only want to kno about the last two years and if you include irrelevant info like u said u would be neglecting instructions.

Although doing this may seem like shortcutting yourself, however following instructions would be most advisable. I wish you luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Instead of asking here, I seriously suggest you call or email Schulich admissions bud.

Tel: 416-736-5081
E-mail: undergrad@schulich.yorku.ca
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
Call them!

If you mail them you arent going to get a reply any time soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Haru Haru
I think you should stick with the instructions and actually label the columns "2009" and "2010". that would make more sense considering they didn't say "school year" in which case you would put Sept to June.
Was this helpful? Yes 0