yconic - Schulich Supplementary Form
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich Supplementary Form

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I have a question about the essays. What kinds of things are they looking at? I have a whole bunch of booklets from the Schulich inforamtion session, so I just read them and tried to stick every quality they mentioned in my essays. Is it a good idea? Or are they going to think it's boring? Do the essays matter much anyway?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@muffnusha wrote
I have a question about the essays. What kinds of things are they looking at? I have a whole bunch of booklets from the Schulich inforamtion session, so I just read them and tried to stick every quality they mentioned in my essays. Is it a good idea? Or are they going to think it's boring? Do the essays matter much anyway?

Administration says that supplementary form is about 50% of the application. Whether or not it's true, no one but the admission committee knows. Generally, you have a right approach by marketing the skills they are looking for. As long as your essay is not flooded with mistakes and actually proves a point you're trying to make (are you making a point?), I am sure you're good. Making it sound fun and not boring is definitely a plus, however. ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@MINTOK wrote

Administration says that supplementary form is about 50% of the application. Whether or not it's true, no one but the admission committee knows. Generally, you have a right approach by marketing the skills they are looking for. As long as your essay is not flooded with mistakes and actually proves a point you're trying to make (are you making a point?), I am sure you're good. Making it sound fun and not boring is definitely a plus, however. ;)

thanks :) i am just thinking that everyone will write the same things and list the same qualities so i want to make mine stand out
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorGaga DoctorGaga
are they looking for a creative approach thoughh or just a formal list of qualities? im confused i dont know how to start:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0