yconic - Schulich Supplementary
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich Supplementary

A photo of kb24gunner101 kb24gunner101
I have a couple questions about the schulich supplementary. First, do we have to mail it in, or can we drop it off at the school? What needs to be mailed in or dropped off and what needs to be done electronically? I remember it said somewhere on the supplementary you only have 30 minutes to fill it out(this computer that I'm on won't let me open it). What does it mean by that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
Submit the contact information for your references online. Ignore 30 minutes.

The rest of the application print out and either mail in or drop off.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli

@MINTOK wrote

If we want to drop it off, do we still drop off at the Office of Admissions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@cocoappleli wrote

@MINTOK wrote

They don't really have such an office. It's called Student Services. It's on the 2nd floor of the Schulich building.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
Alright..I'm coming to drop it off tom, so the Supplementary is being dropped off at Schulich building only right..?

Do I need to give my transcript to the Office of Admissions (York) as well? It says, not sure if they're talking about out-of-province or what (I'm in Ontario).

I'll give them a call nonetheless.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Finance27 wrote
Alright..I'm coming to drop it off tom, so the Supplementary is being dropped off at Schulich building only right..?

Do I need to give my transcript to the Office of Admissions (York) as well? It says, not sure if they're talking about out-of-province or what (I'm in Ontario).

I'll give them a call nonetheless.

Transcript should be submitted to OUAC. If you are in a public school board, that should all be taken care of by the school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MINTOK wrote

@cocoappleli wrote

@MINTOK wrote

They don't really have such an office. It's called Student Services. It's on the 2nd floor of the Schulich building.

But on the form it says if you're mailing it, then you should mail it to 99 Ian MacDoanald Blvd.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@cocoappleli wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@cocoappleli wrote

@MINTOK wrote

But on the form it says if you're mailing it, then you should mail it to 99 Ian MacDoanald Blvd.

That's York's office of admissions. I guess they forward it to Schulich later. However, if you want to drop it off AND make an impression on staff, go to the location I mentioned above. :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MINTOK wrote

@cocoappleli wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@cocoappleli wrote

@MINTOK wrote

That's York's office of admissions. I guess they forward it to Schulich later. However, if you want to drop it off AND make an impression on staff, go to the location I mentioned above. :batman:

Thank you!

And do I still have a chance of getting into Schulich with an English mark of 84? I think my overall average for first semester will be somewhere between 91-92. Am I able to get an early offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorGaga DoctorGaga
yeahhh your individual marks dont really matterr as long as theyre above an 80 ishh (i believe you need at least a 70+ in math and english but double check on the website) so as long as its above that your individual marks dont matter as long as your average is above a 90. and transcripts should be sent to ian mcdonald or whatever address they gave you because i called about that as well and shculich doesnt want transcripts sent to them :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

and also does anyone know excatly what the referees are supposed to write in the reference letter? like i know the basics and all (the quantity of work, quality etc) cause it says that on the form but i also heard that the referees are mailed another set of instructions? if so, does anyone know whats written in that? because im getting a reference letter from a teacher and i already told him what needs to be on it but im afraid he wont check if theres anything else that needs to be added
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@cocoappleli wrote
Thank you!

And do I still have a chance of getting into Schulich with an English mark of 84? I think my overall average for first semester will be somewhere between 91-92. Am I able to get an early offer?

Yeah, that's fine. I had 84% in my English too. 85% was the highest mark in the class. lmao

As long as your prerequisites are above 75% and your overall average is high, you're safe.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@DoctorGaga wrote
and also does anyone know excatly what the referees are supposed to write in the reference letter? like i know the basics and all (the quantity of work, quality etc) cause it says that on the form but i also heard that the referees are mailed another set of instructions? if so, does anyone know whats written in that? because im getting a reference letter from a teacher and i already told him what needs to be on it but im afraid he wont check if theres anything else that needs to be added

I checked with admissions. There is no need to send in references. Only get the contact info of your references and put in on MyFile. References are supposed to confirm 2 of your ECs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So I'm going to go drop the form off once I'm done. For the activity log, should it be in a report format or a list jot point format?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@kb24gunner101 wrote
So I'm going to go drop the form off once I'm done. For the activity log, should it be in a report format or a list jot point format?

The whole SAF is your marketing tool. There is a reason there are no strict guide lines. You can do whatever you want to sell your candidacy to the best of your abilities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

And we should still put it in an envelope even though we are dropping it off right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555

@kb24gunner101 wrote
And we should still put it in an envelope even though we are dropping it off right?

last year everyone put it in one of those big brown/white envelopes
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MINTOK wrote

@DoctorGaga wrote

I checked with admissions. There is no need to send in references. Only get the contact info of your references and put in on MyFile. References are supposed to confirm 2 of your ECs.

wait 1 referee has to confirm 2 activities?? or 1 referee confirms 1 activityy?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

and do you guys thinkk shulich would want a more creative approach to the essay questions or a very formal one thats related to business?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Finance27 Finance27

@DoctorGaga wrote
yeahhh your individual marks dont really matterr as long as theyre above an 80 ishh (i believe you need at least a 70+ in math and english but double check on the website) so as long as its above that your individual marks dont matter as long as your average is above a 90. and transcripts should be sent to ian mcdonald or whatever address they gave you because i called about that as well and shculich doesnt want transcripts sent to them :)

are you from out-of-Ontario? because i dont think you need to send in a transcript otherwise.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@DoctorGaga wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@DoctorGaga wrote

One reference should confirm 1 activity. However, if some of your references can confirm multiple activities, that's ok too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@DoctorGaga wrote
and do you guys thinkk shulich would want a more creative approach to the essay questions or a very formal one thats related to business?

Either would work as long as your essay is written well, makes a point and proves it with descent arguments. I am sure creativity won't hurt (try not to draw pictures of naked people).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Redprince Redprince

@MINTOK wrote

@DoctorGaga wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@DoctorGaga wrote

One reference should confirm 1 activity. However, if some of your references can confirm multiple activities, that's ok too.

My referee did not confirm any activities...but the referee did stated that I am part of multiple activities (did not name them), but, talked about some activities indirectly.

Will Schulich call or contact my referee to ask them about what activities I was part of?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
Redprince - schulich emails your referees and they get an online form to fill out. the 2 questions they ask are:

1.how do you know this person (with a word limit of approx 15 words)
2.What do you think of them (or something along those lines) (word limit of approx 50 words)

thats it. they just click submit when they're done
Was this helpful? Yes 0