yconic - Schulich vs. Laurier vs. Mac
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich vs. Laurier vs. Mac

A photo of Happy123 Happy123
Hey, I got into all three of these programs but am having trouble deciding on which one to go to. I want to go to University but not be studying all the time an actually have a social life too so I was wondering which would be the best for that? Also, which program would land me the best job in the end (I know I'm obviously going to have to work hard in all of them) but which gets more recruiters, better job opportunities, etc. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy

@Happy123 wrote
Hey, I got into all three of these programs but am having trouble deciding on which one to go to. I want to go to University but not be studying all the time an actually have a social life too so I was wondering which would be the best for that? Also, which program would land me the best job in the end (I know I'm obviously going to have to work hard in all of them) but which gets more recruiters, better job opportunities, etc. Thanks.

Schulich would definately be the best choice among all of them...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Slowwy wrote

@Happy123 wrote

Schulich would definately be the best choice among all of them...

Could you explain why? Another thing I'm thinking is I'll be away from home if I go to ac or Laurier, which would be good. Also, I'll stand out a bit more if I go to either of these two universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thelegend thelegend
I would say that all three of those programs are excellent. I think that if you are looking for more of a social scene maybe going for residence would be something for you to consider. However, Schulich would be the best option in the long run for establishing a better job opportunity. So I would say that it would rank out to be:
1)Schulich
2)Laurier
3)Mcmaster
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Your decision should come down to Schulich vs Laurier. While some may say that Schulich is the clear winner, Laurier fits a lot if what you want. It's away from home, has a good social life, the campus is friendly and everyone enjoys themselves, it has an excellent co-op program, and while recruitment might not be quite as good as Schulich it still has very good recruitment and you shouldn't have any troubles landing jobs there.

Most people are going to tell you to go to Schulich, and that's not necessarily wrong, but it is totally within reason to choose Laurier instead. Mac? Not so much.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying, I'm kind of leaning towards Schulichmyself but not ruling others out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LSMC LSMC

@g93 wrote
Your decision should come down to Schulich vs Laurier. While some may say that Schulich is the clear winner, Laurier fits a lot if what you want. It's away from home, has a good social life, the campus is friendly and everyone enjoys themselves, it has an excellent co-op program, and while recruitment might not be quite as good as Schulich it still has very good recruitment and you shouldn't have any troubles landing jobs there.

Most people are going to tell you to go to Schulich, and that's not necessarily wrong, but it is totally within reason to choose Laurier instead. Mac? Not so much.

Since I was a recruiter with the other Laurier Business Execs on Laurier day, many prospective students also asked us about Laurier vs. Schulich. We had to point out that even though Schulich has the higher rep right now, it's more about where the reps will be in 2015 when you graduate and are looking for that job. Laurier's admission average and enrollment keeps rising so by 2015, they could definitely be on the same level or even better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@g93 wrote

+ 1

@Happy123 wrote
Yeah, I see what you guys are saying, I'm kind of leaning towards Schulichmyself but not ruling others out.

It should be either Laurier or Schulich, and if you prefer Schulich go there :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0