yconic - Schulich vs Queen's
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich vs Queen's

A photo of candotnot candotnot
As the June 2 deadline draws nearer, I'm becoming freakishly nervous about making a decision between Schulich and Queen's Commerce. So maybe...you guys can help me? Or at least guide me in the right direction.

Careers wise, I'm leaning towards getting my MBA/JD or if my LSATS/GMATs do not hit the target I would like to go into investment banking/capital markets.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
41 replies

A photo of SamayyL SamayyL
I believe the general consensus is accounting/ marketing: Schulich and Finance: Queens so I think you should go to Queens based on the the jobs you want to do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nazarus nazarus
You write as if IB and CM are the same thing. They're not. This clearly illustrates your lack of knowledge re: high finances. For such an idiotic mind, I recommend Schulich, where you will be surrounded by people who are just like you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You write as if IB and CM are the same thing. They're not. This clearly illustrates your lack of knowledge re: high finances. For such an idiotic mind, I recommend Schulich, where you will be surrounded by people who are just like you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nazarus wrote

I feel bad for the Uni you go to, bleep.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nazarus wrote

..I understand that they are not the same career choice. I never once stated or inferred that they were similar in my post.

But I hope that you chose to attend neither Schulich or Queen's. Social skills are crucial in any business program, and I can see you certainly don't have them.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mercenary mercenary

@nazarus wrote

Lmao coming from someone sitting behind a computer screen this means nothing. You probably weren't hugged as a child, so u choose to take your anger out on student award forums. I feel sorry for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@candotnot wrote

@nazarus wrote

..I understand that they are not the same career choice. I never once stated or inferred that they were similar in my post.

But I hope that you chose to attend neither Schulich or Queen's. Social skills are crucial in any business program, and I can see you certainly don't have them.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks now, are we?

Keep it civilized. Construct a proper criticism to my response and I will give you a proper response.

Best,

Dr. Nazarus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SamayyL wrote
I believe the general consensus is accounting/ marketing: Schulich and Finance: Queens so I think you should go to Queens based on the the jobs you want to do.

Hmhm to be honest I was thinking the same thing. I had already decided on Queen's but then my parents began pushing Schulich on me because of the low tuition.

I know Schulich has a good MBA/JD program though and Osgoode Hall is higher ranking than Queens for Law though http://www.top-law-schools.com/canadian-law-school-rankings.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mercenary mercenary

@candotnot wrote

@SamayyL wrote

Hmhm to be honest I was thinking the same thing. I had already decided on Queen's but then my parents began pushing Schulich on me because of the low tuition.

I know Schulich has a good MBA/JD program though and Osgoode Hall is higher ranking than Queens for Law though http://www.top-law-schools.com/canadian-law-school-rankings.html

Go where you want to go. I'm sure your parents will support you if you choose Queen's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mercenary wrote

@candotnot wrote

@SamayyL wrote

Go where you want to go. I'm sure your parents will support you if you choose Queen's.

Exactly, its not just your parents decision, I'm sure you can get into the jobs your interested from Schulich but I think it would be easier at Queens, the extra tuition is a small price. Theres nothing wrong with choosing Schulich though, its true you do save a lot of money but remember this is your future, should be your decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Hey Doctor,

If we wanted your opinion, we would've asked.

Since you are so intelligent, can't you see you are highly unwanted on this forum?

Go home!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nazarus wrote

@candotnot wrote

@nazarus wrote

Resorting to ad hominem attacks now, are we?

Keep it civilized. Construct a proper criticism to my response and I will give you a proper response.

Best,

Dr. Nazarus.

Resort? Pft. I was merely retributing your rude manners. If I am guilty of a logical fallacy, you are just as guilty as I am.

And for future advice, trying to obtain an emotional response online by calling someone an idiot before meeting them face to face really is an example of bad character. I believe it is you that should keep things civilized.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SamayyL wrote

@mercenary wrote

@candotnot wrote

@SamayyL wrote

Exactly, its not just your parents decision, I'm sure you can get into the jobs your interested from Schulich but I think it would be easier at Queens, the extra tuition is a small price. Theres nothing wrong with choosing Schulich though, its true you do save a lot of money but remember this is your future, should be your decision.

Thank you. This is great advice :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SamayyL wrote

@mercenary wrote

@candotnot wrote

@SamayyL wrote

It would be easier at Queen's? How do you come up with such an idea? There is no way you can say something like that without having participated in the recruiting process in both schools. Can you please justify why you "think" so?

Best,

Dr. Nazarus
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Dr.Noob,

It is common knowledge that recruitment for finance is easier at queens than schulich, which comes from students that attend these schools (some of which i personally know).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
Dr.Noob,

It is common knowledge that recruitment for finance is easier at queens than schulich, which comes from students that attend these schools (some of which i personally know).

Jack,

Have you not thought of the possibility that perhaps students at Queen's are brighter, more motivated, and more connected (personally)?

Think about it.

Dr. Nazarus
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
Dr.Noob,

I feel that its best to ignore him for now, he seems to be a troll imo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SamayyL wrote

@Jack555 wrote
Dr.Noob,

I feel that its best to ignore him for now, he seems to be a troll imo

Agreed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Dr Noob,

The schulich students told us that there were few recruiters that came to the school for jobs related to finance, most were in accounting.

Not because students at schulich are less motivated/connected personally, but something like over 40% of graduates last year from schulich majored in accounting, so that is what the school is known for, not finance. That is why it is easier to get recruited for finance at Queen's, rather than a school that holds an accounting reputation.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about so instead of trolling/insulting people 1/3 your age please uninstall your browser and never come to this forum again, doctor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
Dr Noob,

The schulich students told us that there were few recruiters that came to the school for jobs related to finance, most were in accounting.

Not because students at schulich are less motivated/connected personally, but something like over 40% of graduates last year from schulich majored in accounting, so that is what the school is known for, not finance. That is why it is easier to get recruited for finance at Queen's, rather than a school that holds an accounting reputation.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about so instead of trolling/insulting people 1/3 your age please uninstall your browser and never come to this forum again, doctor.

Based on your line of (flawed) logic, Would it not be easier to get a job in Finance at Schulich because so many students major in accounting? You will have a relative advantage over other students and you will stand out from the rest of the crowd. Since firms can only take so many students from one school to Superday/2nd round interviews, the argument that it's easier to get into Finance from Queen's is simply a misunderstanding.

Hope I helped.

Dr. Nazarus
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Dr Nazarus:

To uninstall Firefox on Windows, follow these steps:

1. Exit Firefox. From the menu at the top of the Firefox window, select File and then select the Exit menu item.
2. From the Start Menu in the Windows taskbar, select Control Panel. The Control Panel opens.
3. Open the Windows program listing.
4. From the list of currently installed programs, select Mozilla Firefox
5. Click uninstall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0