yconic - Schulich/Rotman/Queens Commerce Questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Schulich/Rotman/Queens Commerce Questions

A photo of MosboRocklo MosboRocklo
As of now, I have the following four marks for my first semester:
English: 90
Economics: 98
Philosophy: 92
World Issues: 96

However, my I bombed my advanced functions mark really hard and decided to take it second semester. Can I still apply to these programs without an advanced functions mark for first semester, or do these programs wait until they see my mid-term mark for the next semester to make a decision?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki
You can definitely apply, but they'll wait till mid-term to see your semester 2 marks.

Also for rotman, it only looks at your first-attempt marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of username101 username101

@MosboRocklo wrote
As of now, I have the following four marks for my first semester:
English: 90
Economics: 98
Philosophy: 92
World Issues: 96

However, my I bombed my advanced functions mark really hard and decided to take it second semester. Can I still apply to these programs without an advanced functions mark for first semester, or do these programs wait until they see my mid-term mark for the next semester to make a decision?

Schulich requires two maths, and in your case, your marks are pretty good. I know a friend who had the same first semester grades as u but had taken data management first sem. He got in first round. I dont know if not having any maths would lower ur chances
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MosboRocklo MosboRocklo
Thank you for the replies!
I talked to guidance today and they told me that the programs will have my midterm marks for both Advanced Functions and Calculus in time. However, I'm just worried that these programs may favor students who already have their final mark for a course such as Advanced Functions, while I only have a midterm mark available. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0