yconic - Science Related Acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Science Related Acceptances

A photo of DTM DTM
So I've applied at Western for both BioMed and the General Science programs, and as I've failed to put effort in to my grade 11 year, my marks obviously weren't enough to get me an early acceptance (it was enough to get me accepted to water for similar programs however). Just wondering if my marks may be enough to get me into either program at Western, cause it is my top choice school..

Advanced Functions: 91
Biology: 87
Chemistry: 83
Exercise Science: 92
Calculus: 87
English: 85

Top 6 Average: 87.5
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid

@DTM wrote
So I've applied at Western for both BioMed and the General Science programs, and as I've failed to put effort in to my grade 11 year, my marks obviously weren't enough to get me an early acceptance (it was enough to get me accepted to water for similar programs however). Just wondering if my marks may be enough to get me into either program at Western, cause it is my top choice school..

You have excellent marks; however, 87.5 is quickly becoming a mark that is not considered competitive anymore for a science program. I was told to have an 87 to get into most science programs (with the exception of the big ones, like McGill, UBC, and so on) from my guidance councillor. After doing some further research, I found that for a lot of schools (I looked into Queen's, Mac, and Western when doing this research), the average entry grade into the faculty of science was 88%+, and this was an increasing number compared to data from previous years.

Western requests mid 80's, and you are above that marks (high 80's), but they can only give out a certain number of acceptances, right? So, all I can suggest is to wait. It might be here on Monday, or it might come in May.

The best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@DTM wrote

They are the same programme.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HHuskies9 HHuskies9

@Quiz wrote

@DTM wrote

They are the same programme.

they both are bachelors of science, biomed allows you to take different classes. In the first year they accept 1350 students for biomed and then in the second year, since it is competitive, if your marks aren't the best they'll drop you down to a general science. the biomed degree is seen as BMs and BSc while general science is only BSc.
You should be pretty confident on getting in, 87 is reasonable and should get you in. You may want to complete the supplemental, which is actually due at 12 tonight :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0