yconic - Sciences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Sciences

A photo of brady23 brady23
How would you rank the sciences from hardest to easiest? My friend and I were talking about this, and we had differing views.

IMO, it goes like this.

1- Biology - hardest because it's very memory-intensive, plus even if you do memorize all of it, applying it can be hard

2- Chemistry - easy, because it's more understanding than memory

3- Physics - easy, because it's pure calculations

I find that I can study for a physics or chemistry test 2 days before and still do well, well in biology I need like a week. My friend is the exact opposite. How do you guys find it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of anbootsm anbootsm
I think it depends on the person and what they find easier, if you are really bad at math and calculations, physics and chemistry become a lot harder
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Conceptual difficulty: Physics > Chem > Bio

Workload difficulty: Chem > Bio > Physics

By that, chem is the hardest. But yeah, obviously it's subjective. I know people who breeze through physics cause they're good at math and others who can barely scrape a 50.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm almost the opposite of everyone here, haha.

I found bio to be the easiest, all you have to do is memorize.. there's no real concept and application to it.
Physics would be second easiest for me. If you get the concept, it's really just plug and chug.
Chem would be the hardest for me. I don't know what it is about chem that messes me up.. I did really good in Chem 11.. but Chem 12 is another story.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vNIELSEN vNIELSEN
Chemistry is the hardest I think...

It depends on the teacher you have though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
It depends on the person and how much work/effort is put into it, essentially anyone could master either of the 3 if they put in the time
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Bio= easy peasy :)
Chem= so-so, depends what type. :I
Physics= rape :(

And it's not that i'm bad at math either... just physics
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Bio = easiest, physics = hardest. Chem is in the middle. Math is actually my best subject (better than even bio) but it's the concepts of physics (electromagnetism in particular) that confuse the hell out of me. I'm still decent at it, but it definitely takes more work for me to get a 90 in physics than in bio or chem.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
If you're asking about high school subjects, I'd say Biology is the easiest (because high schools teach Biology like the whole subject is a list of facts), but I don't know how to order Chemistry and Physics.

If you're asking about reality, I think they're all equally as hard and include application and thinking just as much as the next field, but that physics can be the most abstract just because it can be so damn weird.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brontehutchinson brontehutchinson
Biology-Easy
Chemistry-Medium
Physics-HARD!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Chem = simple
Bio = alright
Physics = difficult
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stranger Stranger
Chemistry - Alright
Biology - Alright, but more work than chemistry.
Physics - Hard
Was this helpful? Yes 0