yconic - Second Teachable?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Second Teachable?

A photo of redwolf316 redwolf316
I'm headed to UWO in the fall for Vocal Music and I plan on going the Education route. However, I really can not think of a second teachable! I'm not terrible at Biology, I've taken a few Anthro/Soc/Psych classes, but I seriously fail at Chem and Math. I'd prefer for the requirments to not be toooo difficult to achieve or very essay heavy. Any advice? What do you plan on taking for a second teachable?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'd go with French - it's always in demand. Math and science are also very marketable subjects, so it's unfortunate that you don't want to study them. You should browse some teacher forums and see what actual education students/current teachers recommend, because last time I checked, there's a surplus of teachers who can't find jobs (in their ideal location) with an English or humanities (e.g. anthro/soc/psych) teachable.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of johnmarsh johnmarsh
I think in Today's world most preferable subjects are related to IT, Computer is used in mostly all types of fields. So I suggest you about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote
I'd go with French - it's always in demand. Math and science are also very marketable subjects, so it's unfortunate that you don't want to study them. You should browse some teacher forums and see what actual education students/current teachers recommend, because last time I checked, there's a surplus of teachers who can't find jobs (in their ideal location) with an English or humanities (e.g. anthro/soc/psych) teachable.

I agree; French teachers are in demand in Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
French is good, but I know many people would rather fall down a well than do French.

Instead, I'll suggest that you do math. It is a lot of work, but it would be a super good addition to a vocal music teachable.
Was this helpful? Yes 0