yconic - SELF REPORTING FOR SFU/UBC
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

SELF REPORTING FOR SFU/UBC

A photo of ceeaytee ceeaytee
Hi again, sorry for the many questions that i have..
For my winter report card, i didn't do so well and ended up with a 74% average for my academic courses..if I self report now with those grades would there be less of a chance that i'd get accepted if i report again in april with better grades or does it not matter?
I'm scared that if i self report now they will think i'm a huge dumbass and won't consider me again when i self report in April. Please help me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Are you at a linear school?
Like.. 3 terms?
You should be self reporting your SECOND term grades.
You only self report once.. I don't know where you get the idea of April self reporting from. :S
For UBC, you have until April 20th to self-report your marks.. but once again, that's your term 2 marks, not your mid-term marks or anything like that.
They will accept you based on those marks, then re-calculate at the end of the year with your final marks to see that you still meet their requirements.
In April, if you're from BC, the Ministry of Education automatically sends SFU/UBC your transcript with all your previous marks as well as your current marks, so you don't need to self report again, as long as your PSI is done.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Danton Danton
Actually, you have until May 3 to report your marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
Is that what the site says?
My portal says until April 20th.. under my Application Status.
Regardless.. May 3rd or April 20th.. those 2 dates are too early for third term report cards, so it should be 2nd term marks that are reported.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
It's May 3. I don't even get my marks until April 30
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
Guess you guys are right if 2 ppl can confirm it.
Idk why my portal says April 20th then..

The following information is required before an evaluation can be completed:

Grade Information; Deadline: April 30
We will send you more information by email in early March about how to submit your high school grades to UBC. In the mean time, we require that you submit a Post-secondary Institution (PSI) Choices form to the BC Ministry of Education requesting your official grades to be made available to us electronically once they are available. The PSI Choices form can be found at http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/tsw/tsw/student/welcome and must be submitted by April 30.

Maybe that's just for submitting the PSI then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FuckingAllstar FuckingAllstar

@cyynthiia wrote
Like.. 3 terms?
You only self report once.. I don't know where you get the idea of April self reporting from. :S
For UBC, you have until April 20th to self-report your marks.. but once again, that's your term 2 marks, not your mid-term marks or anything like that.
They will accept you based on those marks, then re-calculate at the end of the year with your final marks to see that you still meet their requirements.
In April, if you're from BC, the Ministry of Education automatically sends SFU/UBC your transcript with all your previous marks as well as your current marks, so you don't need to self report again, as long as your PSI is done.

Sorry for replying to a topic that's 6 months old, but I was wondering since they look at your term 2 marks in admission doesn't that mean term 1 and 3 aren't important? Let's say I decide to chill it in term 1 and get only like an 85-90% admission average and then term 2, pick up the pace and get like a 95% admission average and get accepted by April. If I'm accepted by April based on my term 2, does that mean at the end of the year when they re-calculate, they'll go back and look at my term 1 marks and my term 3 marks and then un-accept me, because my term 1 and 3 were low?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@FuckingAllstar wrote

@cyynthiia wrote
Like.. 3 terms?

Sorry for replying to a topic that's 6 months old, but I was wondering since they look at your term 2 marks in admission doesn't that mean term 1 and 3 aren't important? Let's say I decide to chill it in term 1 and get only like an 85-90% admission average and then term 2, pick up the pace and get like a 95% admission average and get accepted by April. If I'm accepted by April based on my term 2, does that mean at the end of the year when they re-calculate, they'll go back and look at my term 1 marks and my term 3 marks and then un-accept me, because my term 1 and 3 were low?

They will look at your final mark, yes. If it's low, they can revoke your offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0