yconic - Self-management and/or self-discipline
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Self-management and/or self-discipline

A photo of Keiser561993 Keiser561993
The same way everyone else would/does. I took 5 4u courses last year, worked the same amount, and all the other stuff... and somehow, i managed to be just fine... Just cut out some video games/tv and stop feeling bad for yourself. Tons of people work 3 hours a night. Its three hours... I used to work everyday after school from 4-10.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
31 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
The same way everyone else would/does. I took 5 4u courses last year, worked the same amount, and all the other stuff... and somehow, i managed to be just fine... Just cut out some video games/tv and stop feeling bad for yourself. Tons of people work 3 hours a night. Its three hours... I used to work everyday after school from 4-10.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan
I say suck it up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
If you don't want to, then don't. Just know that people have it much worse and are still getting higher marks than you. Unless you're okay with settling for less, SUCK IT UP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@cosstickxx wrote

That's quite impressive. I really need to get a job. :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote
If you don't want to, then don't. Just know that people have it much worse and are still getting higher marks than you. Unless you're okay with settling for less, SUCK IT UP.

Where did he state his marks? Overall I agree. He needs to suck it up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I need one too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@leviaidan wrote

@Zion wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I need one too.

My pops said he could hook me up at Little Caesars. But I don't know if I want to be the $5 sign guy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

^wut
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@Zion wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I need one too.

My pops said he could hook me up at Little Caesars. But I don't know if I want to be the $5 sign guy.

Ha I know what you mean. I don't think I'd wanna be that person either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cosstickxx wrote

@Zion wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@Zion wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I need one too.

Ha I know what you mean. I don't think I'd wanna be that person either.

I wouldn't mind doing that but I guess that makes me a whore by definition...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Keiser561993 Keiser561993
Hey. Did you also try to seek jobs like library, recreation centres?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I think you need to just rank your priorities and work from there. I am jealous that you have a job. I wish I had a job and could balance schoolwork with it too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@Keiser561993 wrote

HEY GUYS! DID YOU also try to seek jobs managed by government...like library, some nursing homes, hospitals and recreation centres? Because most of them have deadlines at winter for student summer jobs.

I've always wanted to work at the library. You get paid like $15/hour to stack books.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Quit your job, stop complaining
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1

@leviaidan wrote

@Zion wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I need one too.

Lol i work at a call center. I shall call ur house and sell you crap! :clown:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@Zion wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I need one too.

Oh dear. Do you live in Toronto?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of simplySimple simplySimple

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@Zion wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I need one too.

OMG that's hilarious! I worked at a call center for a year and a half. Worse experience of my life!!
QUIT WHILE THE GOINGS GOOD!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1

@simplySimple wrote

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@Zion wrote

@cosstickxx wrote

I need one too.

OMG that's hilarious! I worked at a call center for a year and a half. Worse experience of my life!!
QUIT WHILE THE GOINGS GOOD!

Im in Toronto lol. Its so boring starring at the the time in the bottom of the computer screen, especially if i get some bad test the school day before.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@leviaidan wrote
I say suck it up.

+1

Keiser561993 - Just remember every person out there has a busy life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@oliviacitygirl wrote

@leviaidan wrote
I say suck it up.

+1

Keiser561993 - Just remember every person out there has a busy life.

Ya if you sit feeling sorry for yourself you won't get anything accomplished. If you suck it up and deal with it you'll be more driven to finish things.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@leviaidan wrote

@IanSharer wrote

YOU RUINED MY MOTIVATION SPEECH.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IanSharer wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@IanSharer wrote

YOU RUINED MY MOTIVATION SPEECH.

I did my job. :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iDream iDream
LOL its alrightt
Was this helpful? Yes 0