yconic - seminars?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

seminars?

A photo of littlepea101 littlepea101
Hello,
For UTSG's first year seminars..
are there any seminars you guys would recommend (that u have precious experience with)?
what seminars don't have any essay writing?
Is there any seminars without exams?

thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Depends on what you're studying and what your interests are. You should use seminar courses to satisfy what used to be called the distribution requirement (I can't remember what they're called now). Seminars rarely have exams, since the class size is so small that they're usually unwarranted. Usually a final assignment or an optional exam is assigned, but of course, it varies with the prof.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littlepea101 littlepea101
I am in life science

breadth requirements u mean...so i am trying to fulfil the 1/2/3 breadth requirements
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Good luck trying to find a humanities/arts seminar that doesn't require essay writing. If you want to avoid that particular pitfall, I suggest taking an introductory course in a language instead.

But to answer your question, I've heard tons of good things about "Raiders, Traders, and Invaders: the Vikings and Their Descendants" (assuming it's offered next year), since the prof is practically a stand-up comedian with an Oxbridge bent. I've heard decent things about a symbology seminar too, but only if you don't mind memorizing a lot of stuff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lowerlevel lowerlevel
Check this http://assu.ca/anti-calendar for ratings on the courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ArchEnemy ArchEnemy
I recommend that you take an ENG course instead. It will fulfill your degree requirement and also fulfill the pre-requisite that many Medical Schools require (I assume you are aiming for this).
Was this helpful? Yes 0