yconic - SFU Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

SFU Acceptance

A photo of jc1994 jc1994
Currently trying to shoot for an admission to SFU but I'm not sure if I can make it since I've fell behind in a couple of classes. Applied for Engineering science and systems one. I read that the average for admission to those is at least 85% but I'm not sure if i can make it now since i have below 50 in math, 90 in chemistry and physics, 70 in English. If i work the math up to at 86 if not more, would it be possible to get in ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Xenova Xenova

@jc1994 wrote
Currently trying to shoot for an admission to SFU but I'm not sure if I can make it since I've fell behind in a couple of classes. Applied for Engineering science and systems one. I read that the average for admission to those is at least 85% but I'm not sure if i can make it now since i have below 50 in math, 90 in chemistry and physics, 70 in English. If i work the math up to at 86 if not more, would it be possible to get in ?

Won't be easy since it's already so late. Even if you boost your math up, most offers have already been given out. You'll have to hope they have leftover spots.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Wezizi Wezizi
if you don't mind me asking, how the hell did you manage to get a near failing mark in math, all the while getting 90's in two math heavy courses? No offense but that absolutely baffles me.

also you're looking at an 84 average if you can manage to get a 86 in math, which isn't to bad. Considering it's engineering, I think you'll be able to get in (not to many people want to do engineering).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jc1994 jc1994

@Wezizi wrote
if you don't mind me asking, how the hell did you manage to get a near failing mark in math, all the while getting 90's in two math heavy courses? No offense but that absolutely baffles me.

also you're looking at an 84 average if you can manage to get a 86 in math, which isn't to bad. Considering it's engineering, I think you'll be able to get in (not to many people want to do engineering).

Been busy juggling rugby, keeping those two marks high and work. The other two are math based, but they are math based in different areas I have taken a liking to compared to just regular math and variables. Variables with no particular values compared to physics and chem whom of which give you definitive answers the majority of the time, which I prefer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0