yconic - SFU OFFICIAL
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

SFU OFFICIAL

A photo of GameTime GameTime
SFU supplement deadline is coming soon. Is there anyone who has been accepted yet?

Also for your supplement it says:

Please tell us about your BEST activity or involvement in one or more of the following areas:*

Athletics
Arts: writing, visual, music and performing
Work Experience
Community Leadership or Involvement
Entrepreneurship

Are you guys' writing descriptions for each of them? Or only your top categories.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of valdore valdore

@GameTime wrote
SFU supplement deadline is coming soon. Is there anyone who has been accepted yet?

Please tell us about your BEST activity or involvement in one or more of the following areas:*

Athletics
Work Experience
Entrepreneurship

Are you guys' writing descriptions for each of them? Or only your top categories.

I've decided not to bother filling out the SFU supplemental, but I must say... I was wondering this as well. Their descriptions are not at all clear in terms of exactly what they want for this section.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Evelynjuljul Evelynjuljul

@GameTime wrote

Athletics
Work Experience
Entrepreneurship

I did my supplemental application, and basically, i checked what i was involved and wrote a description/paragraph about my involvment in this activity.
Ex. Athletics-swimming (And u fill out the time, and organization)
Description: just briefly write a paragraph about ur involvement, like what u have learned, ur accomplishments, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canucksfan canucksfan
I got accepted just last week. I wrote descriptions for all of them as I had activities for all of the sections. My recomendation is if you have activities for each section fill in each section as it could be the difference of getting admission and not getting admission
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenyouwin jenyouwin
are you from BC? ^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeh I am from BC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@canucksfan wrote
I got accepted just last week. I wrote descriptions for all of them as I had activities for all of the sections. My recomendation is if you have activities for each section fill in each section as it could be the difference of getting admission and not getting admission

Can you elaborate on your EC's and marks. Also did you max the word count (280-300), of course writing suitable descriptions.

The only one that I think I might skip is entrepreneurship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

in terms of marks, my marks were as follows
History 95
Math 88
English 91
Chemistry 91

extra curriculars wise I did the supplimental in febuary but i believe the max amount of words is 250 correct me if i am wrong. From research UBC and SFU both really like people who show leadership in some way. So that really was the main focus for me on my supplimental for both SFU and UBC. Also obviously the more business oriented your extra curriculars are the better. Skipping Entreprenurship might not be wise cause SFU really looks at what experience you have in business already as an indivigual and obviously Entreprenurship is the best way to show that off. Dont worry if you supplimental isnt spectacular as most people who have atleast a 88 percent average with a ok supplimental got into SFU. Good luck man!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of allentsai allentsai
I got in last week, I had 87%. Submitted first term avg. Is there anyway to check what you wrote? My essays weren't that great though, I kinda half-assed those. I'm sure if your marks are at least an 86 and your supplemental is decent, you'll get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you don't submit the form by Wednesday, your application
will be cancelled.

That's a message from SFU. Just making sure, we can submit the application on Wednesday...right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Has anyone else got accepted yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RB12 RB12

@GameTime wrote
Has anyone else got accepted yet?

I got accepted last week with a 95% average. Won't be accepting my offer though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of UniLife UniLife
I got accepted in Mid March, a week after I submitted my supps
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did anyone submit their supplement application within 2 days or less of the deadline and have gotten accepted?

Starting to worry with a 93 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenyouwin jenyouwin
^
I submitted and finished writing my supp a few minutes before the deadline so the quality wasn't that great. Got in a week after(I think. this was checking the sis account) with a 95 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0