yconic - Should I apply ealry next year?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I apply ealry next year?

A photo of MadSalty MadSalty
My hopes for university are between Rotman, Schulich and Ryerson. I was wondering if my marks are good enough to apply early to any of the schools?

English 86
Advanced Functions 88
Computer Science 88
HSP 3M1 (eclass for anthropology, sociology and psychology) 90

My current courses are religion, psychics, chem and entrepreneurship (college & eclass).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Thatguy Thatguy
Your marks are definitely good enough for Ryerson. Might be okay for Rotman, and very low chance for Schulich.

Most of the business school require 2 maths (prefer adv func. and calc.) You don't seem to have 2 maths done so they probably won't consider you right off the bat. (schools like laurier, western, rotman, mcgill, queens)

Schulich requires a 90 average, or they won't even look at you. They're 2009 average for all their applicants that got accepted was 92.5

Other schools you can consider: (listed in order of admission average)

Low 90s - Schulich, Ivey
High 80s - Queens, Laurier, Rotman, McGill
Low to Mid 80s - McMaster, Brock
Mid 70s to Low 80s - Ryerson
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
What do you mean by "apply for early admission"? You dont apply to get early admission, you just apply by the deadline and then if your marks are good enough, universities will send you an offer a few months earlier than some other people, it's no big deal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver

@Thatguy wrote

*McGill's cut-off last year was 91.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca

@Thatguy wrote
Your marks are definitely good enough for Ryerson. Might be okay for Rotman, and very low chance for Schulich.

Most of the business school require 2 maths (prefer adv func. and calc.) You don't seem to have 2 maths done so they probably won't consider you right off the bat. (schools like laurier, western, rotman, mcgill, queens)

Schulich requires a 90 average, or they won't even look at you. They're 2009 average for all their applicants that got accepted was 92.5

Other schools you can consider: (listed in order of admission average)

Low 90s - Schulich, Ivey
Low to Mid 80s - McMaster, Brock
Mid 70s to Low 80s - Ryerson

For Queen's you need low 90s as well..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
You wont receive your pin until late October - late November so who cares and there's no difference in applying in October versus applying in January, you can change your application anytime
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AimForTheStars AimForTheStars
Ya you should be ok
Was this helpful? Yes 0