yconic - Should I change my first/second option? UBC~
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I change my first/second option? UBC~

A photo of lauren4567 lauren4567
So this is kind of related to a previous thread but I wanted to know if it was worth switching my first option (science) for my second option (arts) because with math my average is 86% but without it it would be 89.something anyway 89% and yeah I know 86% for science doesn't stand a chance but a 89% for arts it's better...

anyway what I'm asking is: should I call undergraduate admissions to see if they could make arts my first option so I will get in or just wait and see what happens with arts being my second option???

ad;slgkd;gl''gf654ytr
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of mutuba mutuba
If your average for arts is 89% then you will probably make it even if its your second choice. It's up to you if you want to make it your first choice though. If you leave science as your first choice you might have the slimmest hope but if you change it to your second you will have no hope at all.

If you make arts your first choice, you will get into arts 100% but I think you'll easily make it even if its in your second choice anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@mutuba wrote
If your average for arts is 89% then you will probably make it even if its your second choice. It's up to you if you want to make it your first choice though. If you leave science as your first choice you might have the slimmest hope but if you change it to your second you will have no hope at all.

If you make arts your first choice, you will get into arts 100% but I think you'll easily make it even if its in your second choice anyways.

She may not make it into Arts second choice even if her average is 89.
Keep in mind that UBC does raise the bar for your second choice.. so an 89 for Arts SECOND choice is also cutting it REALLY close.
If you have an Arts supplemental and made it your first choice, you have a very decent chance of getting accepted as Arts first choice. I know people with that average who have gotten rejected, so it's still possible.
But keep in mind that if you do chance Arts to your first choice, you will most likely have a next to nothing shot at Sciences since they will raise the average for your second choice and 85 is already cutting it super close (I know of the 85 from the like.. 3 other posts you wrote). :P

If UBC is your ONLY option and you really DON'T want to go ANYWHEREEEE else, switch it.
If you just applied and wanted to get accepted for pride and what not, mehhhh.. doesn't really matter.

It's easier to get accepted into another faculty at UBC and then transfer later on than it is to transfer completely from another institution.
If you're already at UBC Arts, at least you've already been admitted, unlike others who have to get accepted into UBC and THEN the faculty of their choice. You would just have to meet the Science requirements.
Was this helpful? Yes 0