yconic - Should I commute to Schulich?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I commute to Schulich?

A photo of Kassadin Kassadin
Hi there,

I got accepted to Schulich and was just wondering whether I should be commuting or staying on residence.

I live perhaps 5 minutes away from Square 1 Shopping Mall in Mississauga by car and perhaps 15 minutes away by Transit. I know that there is a Go bus that goes straight to Schulich. So my question is whether it would make more sense to commute or live on residence.

Thanks a bunch.

PS: I'm guessing that most responses will advice for me to commute, so, if that's the case, what would the cost be around?

Thanks again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Is money a huge concern? I'd live on res first year if I were you. I live with a family who lives about a 15 minute bus ride away from York, and they still sent their son into res last year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
live on campus, get the full experience.
congrats on ur acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@Kassadin wrote
Hi there,

I got accepted to Schulich and was just wondering whether I should be commuting or staying on residence.

I live perhaps 5 minutes away from Square 1 Shopping Mall in Mississauga by car and perhaps 15 minutes away by Transit. I know that there is a Go bus that goes straight to Schulich. So my question is whether it would make more sense to commute or live on residence.

Thanks a bunch.

PS: I'm guessing that most responses will advice for me to commute, so, if that's the case, what would the cost be around?

Thanks again.

I would say commute and save your $ especially if you applying for OSAP. Mississauga to York is not far at all.
I know people who are commuting daily from Mississauga to Hamilton. But if $ is not an objection at all and you want to be away from home then why not! Good luck and congratulations on your acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0