yconic - Should I do UofT Rez?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I do UofT Rez?

A photo of esin esin
I live ~30km away from UofT. Is residence worth it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of csze csze

@esin wrote
I live ~30km away from UofT. Is residence worth it?

hey esin :)! if you can afford it, I'd say go for it. I know a lot of my friends go to UTSG and they regret not living in residence. But if the whole point is to save money..then that's another story.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
Heck yes (if you have the option)! Res is half of the university experience, right there!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
I'd say go for it, I was contemplating if I should or not and I decided I'm going to. No one can really afford rez, people only do it for the experience. Tuition and rez = rape. So yah, when you come out of university you will pay it off and you will be glad you did it. Don't be pessimistic and cheap !

I really want to have the university experience instead of being in a bus ride every day for at least hour and half :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
dude my house is 6.8 km from my university and i STILL did residence. LOL and im living off campus next year. but i had no financial troubles so thats why i didnt really have to think about it + my parents wanted me to have a good uni experience.

itll definitely be worth it, esp since uoft is a commute school so its much harder to make friends without the rez experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0