yconic - Should i drop english yes or no?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should i drop english yes or no?

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
for the first quiz we did a lot of people got 55% including me. she said it's not worth as much in the end, but on midterm she said shes not sure if i'll make the 80 mark or not, since there's only 3 items on it. should i drop it or no? i want an 80-85 % overall
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
If you don't think it's worth the effort to try to bring it up to the grade you desire with the remaining entries (or think it's likely), do drop it and retake. Make up your mind clearly and don't wait until the full disclosure, when you would already have submitted a number of papers that have gone to waste. If you think you can do it and are wiling, stay in the course. If not, dropping is definitely an option for you right now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

wouldn't it be hard to put english back into my day school schedule? and am i allowed to drop it before midterms?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You are allowed to drop a course at any time. But if you do plan to drop it, drop it before the full disclosure day, when your mark gets recorded on your transcript. I doubt it's that hard to reschedule English in day school. Lots of classes run since it is a mandatory subject, and if you're in semester school, you usually get to choose which semester to put it into. By "usually" I simply mean that some classes in one semester could have full sections and may not cater well to your schedule.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@superstar2011 wrote
You are allowed to drop a course at any time. But if you do plan to drop it, drop it before the full disclosure day, when your mark gets recorded on your transcript. I doubt it's that hard to reschedule English in day school. Lots of classes run since it is a mandatory subject, and if you're in semester school, you usually get to choose which semester to put it into. By "usually" I simply mean that some classes in one semester could have full sections and may not cater well to your schedule.

ok but would it be wise to drop if i think by the end i'll get an 80, yet that would be the same mark if i take english in day school
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@plaidboy wrote

@superstar2011 wrote

ok but would it be wise to drop if i think by the end i'll get an 80, yet that would be the same mark if i take english in day school

If you're really confident that you could get an 80 by the end of summer school, stay. Don't drop a course if it's only because of one bad entry. If you can't handle your teacher, though, as in your essay marks, your test marks and essentially everything else is below your standard, that's when it's wise to drop, since I wouldn't count on making the mark an 80 by the end in that case.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ohh tru k ill wait till wed. we're getting our first essay back
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@plaidboy wrote
ohh tru k ill wait till wed. we're getting our first essay back

Do you know when full disclosure happens for summer school? You really have until that date to decide. When you get the essay back, read over any comments on it and see if it could be improved, or if your teacher is simply a stingy marker.
Was this helpful? Yes 0