yconic - should i drop grade 11 chemistry??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

should i drop grade 11 chemistry??

A photo of business99 business99
Hey guys

I am a Grade 11 student and I chose to take chemistry, My post secondary plan is to attend a business program. Chemistry has always been my weak point and I am struggling barely keeping up. I am considering dropping out but I want to make sure whatever my desision is, i wont regret it in the future. Should I drop the coarse or keep it?
keep in mind....
-i want my average high to get into a good university and chem will bring that down
- I do not want to go into a science program
-I am taking Biology next semester

Thanks guys

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of cassielove cassielove
keep chem, but don't take chem next year if you don't need to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
It's not worth dropping out and having to play credit catch up. Finish chemistry (even if your mark isn't the highest) and just don't take it again next year. It's your grade 12 marks that matter, so even if you don't do as well in chemistry it really won't have a huge effect on you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Chemistry will not be looked at for a business program. Grade 11 marks don't count towards your Top 6 either, so there really is no point in dropping it. Stay in the course and do your best, and then don't take it next year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
1) DROP THE COURSE
2) TAKE A SPARE
3) LISTEN TO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3E9Wjbq44E
4) STUDY FOR YOUR OTHER COURSES WHILE DOING STEP 3
Was this helpful? Yes 0