yconic - should i drop grade 11 chemistry?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

should i drop grade 11 chemistry?

A photo of business99 business99
Hey guys

I am a Grade 11 student and I chose to take chemistry, My post secondary plan is to attend a business program. Chemestry has always been my weak point and I am struggling barely keeping up. I am considering dropping out but I want to make sure whatever my desision is, i wont regret it in the future. Should I drop the coarse or keep it?
keep in mind....
-I want my average high to get into a good university and chem will bring that down
-I do not want to go into a science program
-I am taking Biology next semester

Thanks guys

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of brady23 brady23
Isn't it too late to drop a course, I thought you could only have a spare if you have 22 credits?

But, if you are SURE you do not need Chemistry, you do not need to take it. However, this means you can not get into most life science or engineering programs. Also, why are you taking biology? If you plan to pursue biology in grade 12, it is heavily chemistry based, so chemistry 11 can come in handy. I recommend dropping biology as well if you are SURE you are going to business, because you don't want to put extra work on your plate. Biology is a lot more work than people think going into the course.

You will not regret your decision as long as you don't have some last minute epiphany and decide that engineering or life science is what you want to do. Basically, if you are 100% sure you will be going into business, drop it, but if your only 75% sure, I suggest you keep it.

Cheers :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Okay. If your'e doing business, then what do you need chemistry for?
Drop it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
1) DROP THE COURSE
2) TAKE A SPARE
3) LISTEN TO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3E9Wjbq44E
4) STUDY FOR YOUR OTHER COURSES WHILE DOING STEP 3
Was this helpful? Yes 0