yconic - Should I drop this grade 12 U course??????
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I drop this grade 12 U course??????

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
I want to drop West and the World History so badly. I had my first test and I'm pretty sure I failed that miserably. This semester I have Law (U), Philosophy (U), World Issues (U), and World History (U) which I want to drop.

Next semester I have Challenge and change (M), English (U), Individuals and Famillies (M) and Data management (U). So if I drop History I will have 5 U courses and 2 M course, this is enough right?? Is 2 M's too many?

Im applying for York's BSW program, do I need that history, I don't want that mark to bring down my average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It's fine to have 5 U and 2 M courses. Although I should say if you drop history then your schedule would be comprised entirely of bird courses...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ZetaShift ZetaShift
Yup. Loads of bird courses in this thread. I'd probably drop it if I were you, since you'll do far better in your other courses with the extra time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
i'd drop it as well.
5Us and 2Ms are fine, i think only queens says specially that you cannot have 2M courses from any discipline (arts, business, science etc.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EdwardxHo EdwardxHo
Don't drop it. :bom:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of louiseaimee louiseaimee
Most universities consider M courses to be U courses. I had no trouble getting in with my M courses. Do what feels right for you. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0