yconic - Should I go to Ryerson for Civil Engineering?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I go to Ryerson for Civil Engineering?

A photo of Raniel312 Raniel312
For high end jobs it might matter but remember even if u go to waterloo (or other prestige uni) you probably wont walk out of school with a high end job since they are more likely to hire someone already in the workforce with years of experience. This is especially true of engineering where every program must meet the same standards. Just because you go to ryerson will not limit you in the long run. As long as ryerson has coop you'll be fine there. Staying back an extra year may not help you that much since uni's will see that these are repeated courses. I know uoft wont look at them unless u have special reasons. Check with some of the uni's you wish to attend. IMO go to ryerson.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
For high end jobs it might matter but remember even if u go to waterloo (or other prestige uni) you probably wont walk out of school with a high end job since they are more likely to hire someone already in the workforce with years of experience. This is especially true of engineering where every program must meet the same standards. Just because you go to ryerson will not limit you in the long run. As long as ryerson has coop you'll be fine there. Staying back an extra year may not help you that much since uni's will see that these are repeated courses. I know uoft wont look at them unless u have special reasons. Check with some of the uni's you wish to attend. IMO go to ryerson.
Was this helpful? Yes 0