yconic - Should I go to UTM, University of Alberta or University of Ottawa if my future goal is Med School?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I go to UTM, University of Alberta or University of Ottawa if my future goal is Med School?

A photo of Atelophobia Atelophobia
Which of the three universities will give me the best shot at medical school: University of Toronto - Mississauga, University of Alberta or the University of Ottawa.

I would be getting either a BA or a BSc at any of the schools, not sure because I need to send in my Calc mark (I'm doing summer school) to qualify for UO Sci and UA Sci because UA won't use my exercise sci mark so they gave me an alternate offer -__-

Anywho, in terms of opportunities like volunteering at a hospital, internships, maintaining a high GPA and summer research opportunities which one is the better of the three?

Also I would be living on residence and expenses is not a factor on my decision.

I have also heard that UofT at any campus is a "GPA killer" and should stay far away because I will regret it in the long run because Med Schools don't care where you get your undergrad from only your MCAT, GPA, interview and EC's.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of notjk notjk

It doesn't matter where you do your undergrad, and you should do extra curricular activities that YOU are into. If your really keen into applying to medical school; than look at their admission requirements; because most ( if not all) don't care what your undergraduate is in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Atelophobia Atelophobia
Yah I know, what I am saying is at which university is it easier to maintain a high GPA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
You've asked this question before and I've answered you. They will all be comparable in terms of ease/difficulty.
Was this helpful? Yes 0