yconic - Should I Stay In my Biology Course even though I don't need it?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I Stay In my Biology Course even though I don't need it?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I am in grade 12 and I have biology. I do not need this course for university for I am applying for engineering. I don't even need it to graduate. I could get a 2% mark in this course and still graduate and still get into university. The thing is that with all the work in Bio I'm having trouble completing the work for the other courses, the courses that I need. Should I stay in this course or drop it? (Its not even in my top 6 I have a 75 in it an a 97 in the course im using for my top 6)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Lol I would probably drop it if it's interfering with other courses... I know the feeling of repent for having to take unneccesary time-consuming courses all too well.

If you feel you can succeed in it then I wouldn't drop out; you might be able to use it for Top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brady23 brady23

@stinghardj wrote
I am in grade 12 and I have biology. I do not need this course for university for I am applying for engineering. I don't even need it to graduate. I could get a 2% mark in this course and still graduate and still get into university. The thing is that with all the work in Bio I'm having trouble completing the work for the other courses, the courses that I need. Should I stay in this course or drop it? (Its not even in my top 6 I have a 75 in it an a 97 in the course im using for my top 6)

Drop it. Biology is a course where you need to invest a huge amount of time to do well, and even if you are doing well in it, it's not worth it if it's interfering with your other courses. Think about it, if you drop biology, you will have so much time on your hands, and getting an extra 1-2% in every other course can make a difference in your top 6 average. Never take time consuming electives lol. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@stinghardj wrote

Drop it! I dropped Physics. Definately helped me. More time to focus on other subjects. End Result :Higher average = Higher Scholarship $
Was this helpful? Yes 0