yconic - Should I summer school Advanced Functions 12?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I summer school Advanced Functions 12?

A photo of willotree willotree
I am a grade 10 student and I have finished grade 11 functions with a 87%. I am planning on applying to one of the Life Science programs at University of Toronto and was wondering if I take Advanced Functions during the summer it will affect my chances of enrollment. How does Waterloo deal with summer school courses? What mark would I need to get so it is equivalent to day school marks? Thanks a bunch!:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@willotree wrote
I am a grade 10 student and I have finished grade 11 functions with a 87%. I am planning on applying to one of the Life Science programs at University of Toronto and was wondering if I take Advanced Functions during the summer it will affect my chances of enrollment. How does Waterloo deal with summer school courses? What mark would I need to get so it is equivalent to day school marks? Thanks a bunch!:bounce:

Unless you are going into a competitive program at Waterloo eg.Computer Programming then they will not penalize you . UFT penalizes only if you repeat. As far as I know no other Universities looks down or penalizes you. I have called MAC on this.

I took AF in summer school -going in with 85 from Grade 11 and ended with 97. When you only have one subject to focus on and you are doing your homework then it's absolutely doable.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of angelsilver angelsilver
I'm a UofT StG student and I don't know about this year, but last year, they didn't care about Advanced Functions. They wanted Calculus, no ifs ands or buts. I'd recommend looking at their program requirements clearly, but I don't think they care about summer school credits.
Was this helpful? Yes 0