yconic - Should I take data management in grade 12 for engineering?(Uwaterloo ppl help plz)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Should I take data management in grade 12 for engineering?(Uwaterloo ppl help plz)

A photo of mikemeyers21 mikemeyers21
If i get a high mark in that class will it increase my chances of getting into electrical engineering in Waterloo or let me do better in university classes. In Uwaterloo you don't need to take it for engineering programs so i'm not sure if it's useless or priceless and frankly i'd rather take a fun class for fun ;p.

Gr 12 planned courses to take:

Eng
Chem
Phys
Advanced Func
Vectors
Comp Sci
Comp Engineering
AND
Transportation techology(fun even if college level working on cars yeahhh)OR gym OR
data management(ik ill do good just 3 maths seems kinda boring:S...)?

And does Waterloo care about grade 11 courses?

THANKSSSS
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of uWaterloo uWaterloo
Hi!

Thank you so much for your interest in Waterloo!

We look at your top 6 grade 12 courses. For Electrical Engineering the admission requirements are:

* Advanced Functions
* Calculus and Vectors
* Chemistry
* English (ENG4U)
* Physics
* A final grade of at least 70% is normally required in each of these courses

You can choose the 6th course of your choice as long as its a 12 U course unless otherwise specified. Of course, achieving a high grade will be highly beneficial. For admission requirements please visit http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/programs/Electrical%20Engineering

For more information regarding engineering admissions please contact our engineering representative Philippe Bézaire,
Call: 519-888-4894, Email: admissions@engmail.uwaterloo.ca

Hope this helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Fma Fma
hi im a student who took all 3 maths
and i suggest all ontario students whose career is closely related to engineering/science to take all 3 maths in high school.

trust me...u will be able to use almost all functions of your calculator!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@Fma wrote
hi im a student who took all 3 maths
and i suggest all ontario students whose career is closely related to engineering/science to take all 3 maths in high school.

trust me...u will be able to use almost all functions of your calculator!

Not to mention the graphing calculator as well! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of utkarsh utkarsh
Hey.
I currently am taking Data Management, and trust me if you are a math student, its easy.
Its just plugging in numbers into a formula and getting an answer, although you must know how to manipulate the questions.
(The only time i study it is on the day of the test and I'm riding on with a 96 :cheers: )

Yeah, in term of university,
I have heard that a small but significant chapter taught in Data Management (matrices) will be taught again in the engineering course "Linear Algebra".
Its not much of an advantage though. You'll be ahead by 2-3 lectures, before new stuff comes on.
But it's worth it, considering how time consuming matrices are.

Thats what I've heard from many students in engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0