yconic - should i?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

should i?

A photo of drkbcs drkbcs
You should.
If you want early acceptance into some of the easy coast schools, they will look at your grade 11 final marks.
But if you can do really well in Adv. Functions in grade 12, like.. 90+.. I wouldn't worry TOO much about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
You should.
If you want early acceptance into some of the easy coast schools, they will look at your grade 11 final marks.
But if you can do really well in Adv. Functions in grade 12, like.. 90+.. I wouldn't worry TOO much about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
If you don't get early acceptance, it's not the end of the world.

Still, it's nice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NaturalSpirit NaturalSpirit

@drkbcs wrote
(first of all i'd like to say that i want to go into dentistry/life sciences)
so, i got a really bad mark in my gr 11 advanced functions, from a lack of trying/caring.... teachers don't lie when they say homework helps! :S
anyways i studied hard for exams and brought my 52% average up to a 61% and i feel like i learned most of the material during my 3 day non stop study session, but i have a spare in my gr 12 timetable and i was wondering if it would be worth while to take gr 11 math again or take another university level math, or a health class, or a computers class?
help please?!?!?!

I found grade 11 functions really hard, and I'm generally a realyl good math student. I took it twice (grade 10 and then grade 11) to bring my mark up (from 69 to 77) and then took grade 12 advanced functions. the grade 12 is so much easier, I dont know why but it was not because i understood it any better by retaking the grade 11 class! Much of what they teach in grade 12 is more advanced stuff and builds entirely on grade 11, but its a lot easier to understand and do. (I finished with an 85!) and if you are going into the sciences I would definitely suggest it! I'm not sure about any of the courses that you need to take for dentistry but in most universities nearly all first years have the same main math, physics, chem, and biology courses.

hope this helps!

Amanda
Wildlife Biology, First Year at the University of Guelph
Was this helpful? Yes 0