yconic - Signatures
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Signatures

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What is your opinion on them? Are they useful? Or are they narcissitic?

Discuss. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I like them I think. Slightly narcissistic, but useful at the same time. I have noticed that you don't have one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I think they're okay..
As long as the siggy isn't like half a page long..
Some people just need to make some serious decisions before applying to fifteen different schools.
But overall, I think they give other viewers and posters an idea of where the individual wants to go, what kinds of schools they're aiming for, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I have been debating whether or not I should create a signature. But I don't want to make it seem like I'm bragging or anything. I'm still undecided.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I say do it. :P
That's half the purpose of everyone's signature, to brag about how "smart" they are and what "top notch" schools they've been accepted to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
I say do it. :P
That's half the purpose of everyone's signature, to brag about how "smart" they are and what "top notch" schools they've been accepted to.

Looks...wrong
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ahahaha it doesn't look YOU because we're not used to seeing you with a siggy, but it looks alright.
Congrats on the Queens acceptance.
;)
Make it a lil colourful and what not and it'll look pretty darnnnn good!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
Ahahaha it doesn't look YOU because we're not used to seeing you with a siggy, but it looks alright.
Congrats on the Queens acceptance.
;)
Make it a lil colourful and what not and it'll look pretty darnnnn good!

Thanks. Look better now?

And I would still like to hear people's opinions on signatures. Poor discussion so far.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
I like them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
How are signatures narcissistic when you made a whole thread about your own?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote
How are signatures narcissistic when you made a whole thread about your own?

I did not intend for this thread to be a dicussion about my signature. I was simply looking to hear people's views on them. I still think that they are narcissistic. But then again, so is most of this site. Posting "I got accepted into ___" and "My average is ___, good ECs, amazing essays" and even bashing universities, it's all the same really.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Well, the ones with the scholarships won are a bit you know...arrogant but the school ones I think are actually helpful because you can PM them to ask about any questions you have for them...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Pride does not necessarily correlate narcissism.
It is a forum about university, obviously people will share the programs they applied to and were accepted at.
There's nothing wrong to be proud of one's accomplishments.

This thread itself is rather narcissistic. You made a thread flaunting your lack of opinion and looking for attention while bashing those who do have signatures.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
I think they're okay..
As long as the siggy isn't like half a page long..
Some people just need to make some serious decisions before applying to fifteen different schools.
But overall, I think they give other viewers and posters an idea of where the individual wants to go, what kinds of schools they're aiming for, etc.

contradicting troll spotted
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
I think they are annoying when you have like 15 schools on them and it's huge, or obnoxious bright colours or lots of rambling, but otherwise it's fine I guess...

OP: spelled narcissistic wrong.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LoganGraham LoganGraham
I think signatures are a fantastic way to add something that goes beyond just text.

I love them, but I hate mine. I need to make it more unique.
Was this helpful? Yes 0