yconic - Signs from Ivey
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Signs from Ivey

A photo of pwilliams6 pwilliams6
Hey there,
I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any input on my situation.
I have been placed in a undesired position. I had my difficult courses first semester, So I have not heard from all the universities that I would like. I have heard from Laurier, MacMaster but i have not heard from Western, Ivey or Queens yet. With midterms coming out this week, i will have a 91% average, so i am defiantly a prospect for these schools.

But unfortunately Ivey has not yet contacted my references nor did they send an email to me the other day saying that they were still considering me. (Friends of mine received this email)

I am worried That they have already ruled me out. If anyone could give some input, that would be awesome, as i hate being in the "dark" about my university choices.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Bieber Bieber
Hi,

I'm in a similar situation as you, however I did get a reference check from ivey in february. However, not everyone who gets accepted got reference checks because it is simply too many checks to handle. About the email, I got the email a few days ago but they only send that to a small portion of people even though Admission stated that the majority of offers have yet to go out. i.e., you still have good chances of getting in without receiving the email, I guess the people who got the email will have priority acceptances come May. I haven't received an acceptance from western yet because of my first semester but I'm expecting one very soon.

Don't be worried, Ivey is expanding and you should get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@youmirin wrote
What were your extracurriculars like?

I work 20 hours a week, play competitive soccer and hockey and I also vounteer once a week at the boys and girls club.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of meganrankin12 meganrankin12
MAN :( I'm the same boat..well, sort of.
My average was decent (90) and now its a 93 with midterms..but I haven't heard anything. My first reference was contacted, but I didn't receive the email from them about waiting on my midterms..
my extra cirriculars are pretty good in my opinions (volunteering in Mississippi, 3 years on student council and DECA)
my 250 word essay was complete trash :( I just want to know already!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@meganrankin12 wrote
MAN :( I'm the same boat..well, sort of.
My average was decent (90) and now its a 93 with midterms..but I haven't heard anything. My first reference was contacted, but I didn't receive the email from them about waiting on my midterms..
my extra cirriculars are pretty good in my opinions (volunteering in Mississippi, 3 years on student council and DECA)
my 250 word essay was complete trash :( I just want to know already!

I contacted The HBA admission administration and they said to have no fear, once you get acceptance from Western they will most defiantly consider you. They are waiting for midterm marks for a lot of Ontario applicants, so no worries!
Was this helpful? Yes 0