yconic - Simon Fraser University?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Simon Fraser University?

A photo of cloverhannah cloverhannah
Do I need very high average to get into Simon Fraser's business program?I guess high 80s is not enough:S? Also, does it look at my EC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ELubendo ELubendo
I went to a tour at SFU and the minimum average (of your best four examinable courses)for the Beedie School of Business is 84%. I would say you could get in with an 88 or 89% if you have good ECs, which are in looked at. I hope that helped.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
It's ridiculous how high SFU asks for their business program. Apparently they asked for the high 90%, but that's a myth. Ppl get in with much lower.

Haha, the snow up at Burnaby mountain there is ridiculous. All my friends studying there are complaining.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, they do ask for like low 90s to mid 90s with good to great ECs if you are applying for the BusOne program, but outside of that, I know some people that have been accepted with an 88-89% average, but with really good ECs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cloverhannah cloverhannah

@ELubendo wrote
Yeah, they do ask for like low 90s to mid 90s with good to great ECs if you are applying for the BusOne program, but outside of that, I know some people that have been accepted with an 88-89% average, but with really good ECs.

Thanks! So do you know the differences between Business via Explorations and BusOne(which one is easier to get in)? Also,what are the differences between Burnaby and Surrey campus? If I only have high 80s without very stellar ECs, which business program should I apply? Or I should try SFU's economic instead?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cloverhannah wrote

Thanks! So do you know the differences between Business via Explorations and BusOne(which one is easier to get in)? Also,what are the differences between Burnaby and Surrey campus? If I only have high 80s without very stellar ECs, which business program should I apply? Or I should try SFU's economic instead?

The Business One program is a much more business focused cohort. You get really small classes and you get more hands on connection with the faculty and your classmates. The Business via Explorations is easier to get in. The BusOne is for the students with the best standings (academics and ECs). The Burnaby Campus is the main campus and it has more courses. But the Surrey is mostly innovation and entrepreneurship but it has also most of the business classes. Some classes are only found in the Burnaby Campus. However classes at the Surrey Campus are smaller. I think that you would have a better chance getting into the Business via Explorations or the regular Business program. I don't think you should try economics, because that is a BA and not a BBA and if you would like a BBA, you would have to transfer. Apply for the Business first, then put Economics as your back up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0