yconic - SIN Exam
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

SIN Exam

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Anyone writing it? It looks like it will be harder than the Euclid.
If anyone has written it before, can you tell me how it was for you?
I cant really find that much info on the Waterloo Physics website.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I would say it's easier than the Euclid overall, the topics are much more concrete (at least that's what I find easier). The average score is lower though, because there are no part marks and they do deduct marks for incorrect answers.
I was going to write it last year but it was on the same day as my IB Math exam, so I couldn't :(
My physics teacher this year gave me a huge booklet of the past ~25 exams and their solutions to practice. I could get through the first 3-4 maybe sometimes 5 or 6 questions (they are extremely challenging though) and I get stuck on the rest. That being said, I'm taking physics this semester so there are some topics that I just didn't learn yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of josephqzcewxvr josephqzcewxvr
In comparision, the math in SIN is easier than the math in Euclid. It is the language that is the problem. They twist up the question so much, and the solution is simple! MUST READ the QUESTION CAREFULLY!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@josephqzcewxvr wrote
In comparision, the math in SIN is easier than the math in Euclid. It is the language that is the problem. They twist up the question so much, and the solution is simple! MUST READ the QUESTION CAREFULLY!

^ This is absolutely right. I just did a practice one from 2000 and I got 8/14 correct, but I could have gotten 10 or 11 had I read the questions right :C
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
I need to know. Do we get equations? Maybe its just my school but we always get the equations on tests, its just a waste of time memorizing. So does Waterloo expect us to memo the equations?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You should know the basic kinematic and dynamics ones like Ek = (1/2)mv^2, d=v1t+(1/2)at^2, really easy stuff. The "longer" equations (which are easy to memorize anyways) are given in the questions themselves usually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0