yconic - SIN in Scholarships
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

SIN in Scholarships

A photo of thebrain786 thebrain786
I was wondering if someone could help me. I've found a lot of scholarships but they're asking for my social insurance number. A couple of them are online applications and they're asking for it too. I've always been told not to give it out so I was just wondering whether or not to apply for some of these or how I should apply.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of dOctadOcta dOctadOcta

@thebrain786 wrote
I was wondering if someone could help me. I've found a lot of scholarships but they're asking for my social insurance number. A couple of them are online applications and they're asking for it too. I've always been told not to give it out so I was just wondering whether or not to apply for some of these or how I should apply.

who said don't give out your sin? it's obviously not 100% safe but I've never heard of any scholarships where you have to apply online having some weird virus..it should be fine, I've used my sin several times. *knock on wood*
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@thebrain786 wrote

As a base check: try to verify if it is a legit scholarship in some way or another. The last thing you want is getting screwed over because of imprudence.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thebrain786 thebrain786
thanks for you help
Was this helpful? Yes 0