yconic - Situation with Mac Engineering..
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Situation with Mac Engineering..

A photo of premachb premachb
Hi,

I got an offer for Mac engineering a while back. Anyways I'm doing 12U Physics right now and I'm doing really bad, partly for the reason that I was planning to drop it. I wasn't expecting on getting into Mac engineering and I'm still waiting on UofTSG computer science. The day I went to drop the course I got into Mac Engineering (irony at its best), so I decided to stay in Physics just in case I didn't get into UofTSG Comp Sci.

Bad thing about that is that I now have a 62% in Physics, which is gonna drop after the previous test. I know that you need a 70% minimum in all courses to keep your offer, but I don't know if i can recover from such a blow that is going to occur to my mark. Can i take 12U physics in summer school and that way could I keep my offer? Or will they reject me after seeing my mark from second semester?

Thanks, sorry for the story (haha).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of blurX blurX

Is Physics one of your marks in your top 6? If not, I don't see why you need to worry about it.

70& minimum for all course? or just top 6? and where did you this information from? Is this applies for all other programs as well?

Anyway, UTSG compsci is really easy to get in...they accepted me 2 weeks ago for Vic without getting my SPH4U, MCV4U, and ENG4U marks, plus my average is not that good, merely 88.5% for the first semester.

And needless to say that I'm on the same boat with you for Physics..haha..too bad I can't drop it even after I talk to the principal..and thank god it's not my top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Physics is a pre-req for engineering, and I'm pretty sure you need a 70 in all the pre-reqs to keep your offer, that's what my friend who got into the same program said. So it's automatically in the top 6 for Mac Engineering (my actual top 6 average should be 86-87)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Sigh, taking Gym was the worst mistake this year by far -____-. My top 6 average should be way higher
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blurX blurX

@premachb wrote
Sigh, taking Gym was the worst mistake this year by far -____-. My top 6 average should be way higher

But you don't need Physics for comp sci..just saying..and how is gym not in your top 6? Taking Physics is by far the worst decision I ever made in my high school career...should have taken exercise science instead..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hahaha, ironic

My dad just brought my letter from Mac in the mail, turns out my friend was wrong. It just says that I have to maintain an average of 80% with the Top 6 including the pre-reqs, which I should make even if I do bad in physics

Doesn't say specific marks, just the 80%, so ill assume i can get w/e I want as long as I get that 80%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@blurX wrote

@premachb wrote

But you don't need Physics for comp sci..just saying..and how is gym not in your top 6? Taking Physics is by far the worst decision I ever made in my high school career...should have taken exercise science instead..

Gym is an open course the top 6 only includes U/M courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0